General developer forum

How to work with YUI while developing Availability condition

Picture of Farzin Khalilzadeh
How to work with YUI while developing Availability condition

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to make an availability condition plugin. I'm quite new to moodle development. I've read the documents relating to this plugin like: Availability_conditions, Availability_API and decided to give it a try and make a simple restriction for starters. However the YUI part of the plugin really confused me. My question here is should I use "grunt shifter" to build the yui? Or should I use shifter itself as mentioned here? I'm quite confused because I can't find how to use grunt shifter but the document page says I should use grunt.

Also do I really need to read all these links and learn YUI to be able to make an availability plugin?

It would be great if anyone could help.

Average of ratings: -
Renaat
Re: How to work with YUI while developing Availability condition
Core developersParticularly helpful MoodlersPlugin developers

Availability plugins are not yet moved into AMD, so we are still forced to use old school YUI.

So, if you are familiar with shifter, you can still use this program to generate a debug and a minified version of your code.

But if you are preparing yourself for the future, you should start using grunt:  while shifter can only shift, grunt can also generate AMD - handle less files - uglify code - ...

Average of ratings: Useful (1)