Course enrollment methods limit

Course enrollment methods limit

by Dave P -
Number of replies: 5

I'm using the Edwiser Bridge to connect my wordpress installation to my moodle install.

The bridge creates an enrollment method for each purchase of our course. I'm wondering if there is a limit to the number of enrollment methods any course can have or in the system.

Right now we have about 60 users in our course - so there are 60 different enrollment methods. I could see this getting a bit out of hand once we open up to potentially a few thousand users.

Any insight would be helpful.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Dave P

Re: Course enrollment methods limit

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

That seems kind of ridiculous - I would discuss it with Edwiser Bridge - there is no reason to have that many different enrolment methods unless they are all paying a different amount.  I don't think there is a limit in Moodle but I guess I am not sure!  

I loved the idea of Edwiser Bridge but it had a lot of limitations - the Joomdle plugin for Joomla works a lot better.

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Dave P -

I agree with you that it seems pretty ridiculous. the enrollment methods the bridge creates also creates cohorts which the purchasing user can then add users to or upload a csv file of user to the course they purchased.  There are limitations to this bridge. We have been using the joomdle bridge with plugins for hikashop which have worked ok but it too is limited in the sense that if a customer buys 10 seats to a course there's no automated way for them to enroll users and get reporting.

I'll pose the question to the Edwiser folks but am hoping someone in the moodle community knows of any limitations to the enrollments or for that matter the number of groups in a course.

In reply to Dave P

by Sarang Nair -

Hi Dave

The Edwiser Bridge plugin uses Manual enrollments for course enrollment while enrolling in a Moodle course from the WordPress site.

Therefore, Manual enrollments need to be enabled while using Edwiser Bridge plugin.

While enrolling multiple users in a course using Bulk Purchase extension, it uses Cohort based enrollment.

In reply to Sarang Nair

by Isabel Cristina Ortiz -

Hello Sarang Nair

I am trying to implement Edwiser Bridge. I'm having problems generating new users. Could you tell me what should be the configuration of enrollment that the course and the Moodle site should have in general so that a new user can be created and that he can only access the course he has acquired?

I can not find that information in the Edwiser documentation.

In reply to Isabel Cristina Ortiz

by Sarang Nair -

Manual enrollment should be enabled for all the courses that are synchronized to the WordPress site.

The user account will be created in Moodle automatically once the user purchases a Moodle course from the WordPress site.