Grid format problem

Grid format problem

by Brian Pollard -
Number of replies: 3

I set up Grid Format for a course on our Moodle 3.3.1 using the Clean theme and Chrome version 63.0.3239.84.

The navigation block seems to work when editing is on i.e. clicking on one of the grid images takes me to the topic. However, when editing is off, every grid image navigates to the Welcome section at the top of the course. Any clues to what may be wrong?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Brian Pollard

Re: Grid format problem

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Change the 'course setting' of 'Course layout' to 'Show all sections on one page'.

In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by Brian Pollard -

Thanks you for your suggestion. I have tried both 'Show all sections on one page' as well as 'Show one section per page'. 'Show one section per page' changes the behaviour so that the clicking on the grid image takes you to the right section but below the general section with a 'Jump to' selection at the bottom. There seems no easy way back to the navigation block of grid images from there.

I thought the idea of Grid Format from what I have seen is that the grid image or hyperlink that you click on takes you to the section opened in a new window. When you close the window I assume it takes you back to the navigation block. Or am I wrong?

In reply to Brian Pollard

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

In 'Show one section per page' the Jump to menu has a 'Navigate to main page' option.  However if in 'Show all sections on one page' the shadebox does not show then this indicates breaking JavaScript which could be anything, press F12 and look at the console for errors.