Override parent header with child header moodle 3.2.2

Re: Override parent header with child header moodle 3.2.2

by Mary Evans -
Number of replies: 0
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Thank you for the theme update zip file.

Like I said in my last comment I am short of time and so cannot afford to spend more time with this theme as it is not helpful when it has more files in it that are not really needed if it is a child theme, as most things will be inherited from the parent theme/s.

What I did notice is that now you have two core_renderer.php files one in classes/core_renderer.php and one in renderers/core_renderer.php

This last one is called via the benton/renderers.php

So I get a feeling that this is why the headers are not working as you would like, this is becasue :

1. You have two core_render.php files.
  2. You have a classes directory as well as renderers directory.

You should either stick to just using the classes or just use the renderers.php you do not need to use both methods.

If you remove both benton/renderers.php as well as the renderes directory and use the core_renderer.php which extends the Moodle core_renderer in place of the classes/core_renderer.php that extends the bootstraobase_renderer which is a direct copy of the EDUhub theme core_renderer.php

so your classes/ directory should have just two files in it...these are as follows!

1. core_renderer.php taken from benton/renderers directory
  2. course_renderer.php

I hope this helps?

Mary