Sign Out Everywhere has appeared in one users profile

Sign Out Everywhere has appeared in one users profile

by Fiona Jameson -
Number of replies: 2

One of my colleagues cannot sign into Moodle on his phone or tablet.  I've reset his password twice but I've noticed a new instruction below the password reset and it will not allow me to untick it.  Please see the screenshot below.

We are using Moodle version 3.2.2.  I've looked at a couple of other user accounts and this instruction is not there.  Any ideas?  Thanks.

Fiona

Attachment Moodle.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Fiona Jameson

Re: Sign Out Everywhere has appeared in one users profile

by Terus E-learning -
Picture of Plugin developers
I could be wrong, but a suggestion as to why you see this on his profile and not others is because he has used the moodle mobile app and has an entry in the relevant table (external_functions?).

I think this is a red herring and nothing to worry about. You will need to log them out of all devices if you are changing the password anyway. 

If you are doing something other than changing the password, you may not want to do this, however I have just had a reasonably thorough rummage through the site wide settings and cant see anything. Would be interested to know if this is a default and untickable value if you are for instance changing the institution. 

In reply to Terus E-learning

Re: Sign Out Everywhere has appeared in one users profile

by Fiona Jameson -

Hi, thanks for responding.  I had to change his password as his iOS tablet and phone had logged out of Moodle and wouldn't permit him to log back in with the same password he is using without a problem on a Microsoft desktop.  I also use Moodle mobile on my Android phone and tablet without any problems and I don't have the same line instruction in my personal User account.

I've just looked at the Moodle Mobile settings and I can find mention of iOS, but I don't understand enough about it to know what this means!

Fiona

Attachment Moodle.png