Renewing Membership/Enrollment

Renewing Membership/Enrollment

by Fernando Souza -
Number of replies: 4

Hi,

Currently when someone buys a 6 months registration/enrollment in a course using paypal, when it expires, they are not able to purchase again to renew without creating a totally new registration ID. There must be a way to make it possible for them to renew once the subscription ends. There should be a way to enable purchase when someone is already registered, but has no active subscription.

I'm not sure if I was clear enough, but I was wondering if someone can help me.

Thanks!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Fernando Souza

Re: Renewing Membership/Enrollment

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

The PayPal plugin is quite basic. I'm reasonably sure that's just how it works. 

Someone might like to sponsor a more sophisticated version. However, most users with more advanced requirements seem to use external eCommerce solutions (e.g. WooCommerce) integrated with Moodle.

In reply to Howard Miller

by Fernando Souza -

Thanks for the reply.

So, you are saying that there is no way to repay for an enrollment using the same login without using a third party software like woocommerce?

To integrate woocommerce, would I have to do major changes in the database? Do you think it would be safe to do that in an existing moodle site?

In reply to Fernando Souza

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

There are a number of options around to do this (I'll leave you to search) but none require modifications to core Moodle or its databases that I am aware of. Most likely it will be a plugin for Wordpress and a plugin for Moodle. Of course, you need to satisfy yourself that any such integration does what you need. 

In reply to Howard Miller

by Fernando Souza -

Hi Howard,

Thanks for your reply. I was away for a while and that's why I took so long to reply.

At the moment a wordpress plugin is not an option, since my site is not integrated with moodle. 

Currently, after a 6 month enrollment, the user lose his/her access to the course and when he/she tries to pay again in order to renew the access, this message is shown: "you cannot enroll yourself in this course".

I tried to search for some Moodle plugins as you suggested, but I couldn't find any solution.

Could you recommend a plugin, please?

Thank you!