gapfill questions don't show properly

gapfill questions don't show properly

by lizardo flores -
Number of replies: 11
Hello,
I've used moodle for some years but this is the first problem I don't find the solution.
I'm creating a quiz with some gapfill questions and oddly two questions are "outside" the quiz layout
ds

questions 14 and 15 should be inside the white part....and the left menu is at the bottom, after question 15.

I'm using Moodle 3.4+ (Build: 20171228) Version 2017111300.09

thanks for any answer

Average of ratings: -
In reply to lizardo flores

Re: gapfill questions don't show properly

by Marcus Green -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Can you confirm what version of the Gapfill question type you are using, and also what theme is being used?

In reply to Marcus Green

by lizardo flores -

it was 1.96 I'm updating....and the theme is Aardvark

by lizardo flores -

I updated gapfill plugin, same problem. Test with other themes, same....Now I'm updating to the latest moodle version

by lizardo flores -

I've tried alot of things, including downgrade the plugin that I couldn't, the last thing I tried was single questions per page....with the same result...

as

The "quiz navigation" should be at the top.

by Marcus Green -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Lizardo

I test against the core themes and three or four of the most popular up to date themes. Unfortunately Ardvark is currently listed as only supporting Moodle up to 3.1. I am unlikely to investigate further in the near future.

In reply to Marcus Green

by lizardo flores -

boot theme

fd

clean theme

cd

Thanks anyway.... I'll try with a different type of question to fullfil my needs

by Marcus Green -

The core Cloze question type can be used to create fill in the blanks questions but the syntax is rather complex. However there is a plugin that can make it easier.

https://moodle.org/plugins/atto_cloze Could you do me a big favour and visit
http://vledevelop.co.uk/moodle

Go to the Gapfill Test Course (credentials for teacher and user are shown on the main page). You can login and see there are links for switching themes and a test quiz at the bottom. Can you identify anything that is different from that setup to what you are using. I have a sequence of automated tests I run before each release and test extensively before release so I am curious as to why it is not rendering correctly on your setup. According to the Moodle HQ stats there are quite a large number of people using the question type so if there is a problem I would like to deal with it

In reply to Marcus Green

by Jean-Michel Védrine -

Could the problem be that there are some garbage (broken HTML tags, for instance copied pasted from another software) in one of the questions ?

It can cause exactly that sort of broken display.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Marcus Green

by lizardo flores -

I check the link and there's only 1 diference

fixed

In fact I changed that option in your test site and I broke it... ups

When I deselect "Options after text" everything works fine

Mystery solved??

Average of ratings: Useful (1)

by Marcus Green -

Mystery solved and my thanks for identifying this. I will work on a bug fix. I have been working on some code that not only fixes this but improves the logic and readability.

Can I mention your name Lizardo in the credits of the bug fix release, like this last one 

https://github.com/marcusgreen/moodle-qtype_gapfill/blob/gapfill_1.961/releasenotes.md

My apologies if my first response was a bit dismissive and my thanks again for your help.