General developer forum

Integrate moodle to an existing academic system

Picture of Andrés Atachagua Contreras
Integrate moodle to an existing academic system

Good day community, I implemented in a university moodle in ubuntu server 16.04 to date all good, but the university has an academic system developed in .net and sql server database 2008, what they asked me is that moodle is integrated into their academic system Please, you can guide me how it is possible to achieve this if you have any reference I would appreciate it.

Average of ratings: -
Picture of Marcus Green
Re: Integrate moodle to an existing academic system
Core developersParticularly helpful MoodlersPlugin developersTesters

It depends what is meant by integrated, could you give an example of what is required?  I recommend you take a look at Moodles web services. These are used by the Moodle mobile app, but they offer a way of interacting with Moodle's functionality independent of Operating System or database.  Another relatively trivial way of integration is the export and import of CSV files.

Picture of Andrés Atachagua Contreras

Thanks for your help, what I want is not to repeat activities, for example, the academic system already has registered students, teachers and their corresponding courses, this data every semester or year is updated, what I do not want is to be exporting with a file .csv the updated data, and the same happens with the courses of a teacher, groups.

Picture of Richard Oelmann

Use the external database enrolment tool

Picture of Marcus Green

In addition to Richards excellent suggestion of external database enrolment there are other enrolment methods that can help with integration. For example I used to work at a place that used Microsoft Active Directory for authentication and Moodle ships with an LDAP module that allows integration with that.