Linking Wechat and Moodle

Linking Wechat and Moodle

by Emmanuel Leclerc -
Number of replies: 6

Dear all,

I am totally new here (this is my first message...) but I hope I can learn quickly and eventually become an active member of that great community.
I am a former IT engineer who got into teaching French as a Foreign Language. Now I am into e-learning, and I like it !

As I live in China, here we use Wechat, which is pretty exciting for social interaction but also for e-learning. I intend to create a blended-learning system, and open a Wechat Official Account Admin Platform. 
And I would like to link it and my students' Wechat with a Moodle platform (I intend to create also some SCORM packages with Opale).

Question : is it easily feasible to make Wechat interact with Moodle ?

And should I use Moodle mobile, as my students have an extensive use of smartphones and tablets.

Thank you so much in advance !

Sincerely,

Emmanuel

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Emmanuel Leclerc

Re: Linking Wechat and Moodle

by Sunny Teacher -

We use emeneo's "WeChat" plugin it works very well up till now. You can find hit on below page:

http://www.emeneoplugins.chocolatelms.com/course/index.php?categoryid=2

Do you already have moodle running somewhere? There are some things you need to be aware of when linking moodle and WeChat.

Greetings,

Sunny

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Sunny Teacher

by Emmanuel Leclerc -
Thank you very much, your help is precious to me.

Everything is under development. Moodle will be running in a couple of weeks.

I don't know what I should be aware about...

In reply to Sunny Teacher

by Emmanuel Leclerc -

Hello,

Here is an updated answer of the technical staff of  emeneo :

’Thank you very much for contacting emeneo and your interest in our WeChat plugin. Due to some necessary code changes, the WeChat plugin is currently only available as part of our chocolateLMS SAAS service which is based on a China optimized and enhanced version of moodle.
The plugin will be available again very soon also for normal moodle systems. Please note that it is a paid plugin. ‘

Do you have another plugin to recommand to link Wechat and Moodle ?

Have a nice day !

Emmanuel

In reply to Emmanuel Leclerc

by Tom Tirole -

Dear all,

My name is Tom from emeneo and I am the person who talked with Emmanuel in our online Support System.

I would like to update everyone interested in the WeChat plugin that it is available  as usual (actually since long time).

In case you are interested, you can test the WeChat plugin here for free: www.emeneoplugins.chocolatelms.com

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Greetings from 中国。

Tom

In reply to Tom Tirole

by Alexander Lebeth -
Hello, could someone tell me about the protocol that the wechat plugin from emeneo is using? Is it OAuth?