icons not loading on moodle 3.4

icons not loading on moodle 3.4

by Muhammad Ammar` Ijaz -
Number of replies: 14

I have migrated recently moodle 3.4 and problem i am getting is that some icons are not dispalying at all in any of the themes not even boost.PSB the screen shot

moove theme example

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Muhammad Ammar` Ijaz

Re: icons not loading on moodle 3.4

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Muhammad, 

What version of Moodle did you migrate from originally?

It could be that you need to Purge all cache...

Site Administration > Development > Purge all caches

What is the theme you were using when you took the screenshot? 

Thanks

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by Muhammad Ammar` Ijaz -

Mary,

I migrated from moodle 3.1 to moodle 3.4 this screen shot is of moove theme .I have also bought remui but same is the case with everyone of it .Also i have purged caches many times even cleared my moodle data folder as well but with no success.

In reply to Muhammad Ammar` Ijaz

by Josiah Hall -

Hello! I am having similar issue but only affecting certain icons. The icon appears to still be there but is transparent. ie, I can click in the location and it will function but it appears as a blank space. Image attached for reference. We are on 3.4 as well.

Attachment Capture.PNG
In reply to Josiah Hall

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Josiah,

• You've not stated the theme or version of that you are using?
  • Which icon is missing?
  • Are there any errors on the browser console?

Gareth

In reply to Gareth J Barnard

Odgovor: Re: icons not loading on moodle 3.4

by Sidd Lep -

Hello. I have the same problem with Moove theme. Current Moodle version is 3.5.3

In reply to Sidd Lep

Re: Odgovor: Re: icons not loading on moodle 3.4

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

You probably have another plugin that is loading a different version of FontAwesome.

Re: Odgovor: Re: icons not loading on moodle 3.4

by Josiah Hall -
At least in our case it was the Configurable Reports block plugin that was causing the issue. When we removed the plugin and purged all caches it resolved right away. If you are running that plugin I would try removing it and see if that resolves for you.

Odgovor: Re: Odgovor: Re: icons not loading on moodle 3.4

by Sidd Lep -

Well, I found out that the problem occurs even when I switch to the basic boost theme. So, it is probably caused with some another plugin. But how can I figure out or find which plugin exactly cause this problem?

In reply to Sidd Lep

Odgovor: Re: Odgovor: Re: icons not loading on moodle 3.4

by Sidd Lep -

Well, I found that the problem was with big blue button plugin. So, I removed the plugin and now the icons are back.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Sidd Lep

Re: Odgovor: Re: Odgovor: Re: icons not loading on moodle 3.4

by Gareth J Barnard -

Have you told BBB about this Sidd?

Odgovor: Re: Odgovor: Re: Odgovor: Re: icons not loading on moodle 3.4

by Sidd Lep -

Not yet, but I will.

In reply to Sidd Lep

by heli g -

In case anyone else encounters this - I also had this problem due to BigBlueButton.

Sidd reported it on the plugins page and and there is a patch which will be in the next BigBlueButton release. In the meantime the patch is here: https://github.com/blindsidenetworks/moodle-mod_bigbluebuttonbn/commit/a5da03712b2e5f9beaa5fddcd26c82b2a61fec48

I have applied it and it works smile