$mmSite: WS function 'bat_grades_overview' is not available, even in compatibility mode.

$mmSite: WS function 'bat_grades_overview' is not available, even in compatibility mode.

by Daniel Romero -
Number of replies: 2

Hello, I am trying to call a web service that i created on the my Moodle Web version from my Mobile version but I am getting the following error : $mmSite: WS function 'bat_grades_overview' is not available, even in compatibility mode.

From the root directory, my plugin is located in moodle(root)/report/grade/batoverview here is my code. In essence, the mobile version calls the webservice of the web version. Thanks in advance for any help

On the web version (moodle(root)/report/grade/batoverview/db/services.php)

$services = array(
'bat_overview_service' => array( //the name of the web service
'functions' => array ('bat_grades_overview', 'bat_grades_details'), //web service functions of this service
'requiredcapability' => '', //if set, the web service user need this capability to access
//any function of this service. For example: 'some/capability:specified'
'restrictedusers' =>0, //if enabled, the Moodle administrator must link some user to this service
//into the administration
'enabled'=>1, //if enabled, the service can be reachable on a default installation
)
);

$functions = array(
'bat_grades_overview' => array(
'classname' => 'gradereport_batoverview_external',
'methodname' => 'get_grades',
'classpath' => 'grade/report/batoverview/externallib.php',
'description' => 'Get the user/s report grades table for a course',
'type' => 'read',
'capabilities' => 'gradereport/user:view'
),
'bat_grades_details' => array(
'classname' => 'gradereport_batoverview_external',
'methodname' => 'get_grades_details',
'classpath' => 'grade/report/batoverview/externallib.php',
'description' => 'Get the users detailed report',
'type' => 'read',
'capabilities' => 'gradereport/user:view'
)
);
class gradereport_batoverview_external extends external_api {

public static function get_grades_parameters() {
return new external_function_parameters (
array(
'courseid' => new external_value(PARAM_INT, 'Course Id', VALUE_REQUIRED),
'userid' => new external_value(PARAM_INT, 'Return grades only for this user (optional)', VALUE_DEFAULT, 0)
)
);
}

public static function get_grades($courseid, $userid = 0) { logic that should be found by mobile web service call!! }

On the mobile version : 

var data = {courseid: courseId, userid: userId };
return $mmSite.read('bat_grades_overview', data, {}).then(function(rtndata) {
if(rtndata.length != 0) return rtndata;
else $q.reject();
});

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Daniel Romero

Re: $mmSite: WS function 'bat_grades_overview' is not available, even in compatibility mode.

by Juan Leyva -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi,

what Moodle version are you using?

is your custom app using a custom Mobile service?

In any case, you should inject your web service functions to the official Mobile service, this can be done adding something like this in the function declaration:

'services' => array(MOODLE_OFFICIAL_MOBILE_SERVICE),

Remember to bump your module version.php number anytime you do a change so the Web Services are reloaded and updated correctly in the Moodle database.

In reply to Juan Leyva

Re: $mmSite: WS function 'bat_grades_overview' is not available, even in compatibility mode.

by Daniel Romero -

Hello Juan, Thanks for your reply.

I wish just missing the 'services' => array(MOODLE_OFFICIAL_MOBILE_SERVICE),

Thank you so much!!