Boost theme doesn't work on freshly installed 3.4 moodle

Boost theme doesn't work on freshly installed 3.4 moodle

by Diego Romero -
Number of replies: 3

Any boost moodle theme won't work on my moodle page, it would be all plain html.

The errors I can find in logs are these:

php-errors.log:

[21-Dec-2017 13:38:35 Europe/Madrid] PHP Fatal error:  Maximum execution time of 10 seconds exceeded in /usr/home/moodleromero.com/web/moodle/lib/php-css-parser/Parser.php on line 350

[21-Dec-2017 13:41:40 Europe/Madrid] PHP Fatal error:  Maximum execution time of 10 seconds exceeded in /usr/home/moodleromero.com/web/moodle/lib/php-css-parser/Parser.php on line 540

errors.log:

[Thu Dec 21 13:15:13 2017] [error] [client 2.139.152.119] ModSecurity: Rule 7f389d39a150 [id "1027"][file "/opt/modsecurity/etc/rules.conf"][line "122"] - Execution error - PCRE limits exceeded (-8): (null). [hostname "www.moodleromero.com.mialias.net"] [uri "/moodle/theme/yui_combo.php"] [unique_id "Wjul0bkqaAIAADTGKYkAAAAg"]

I've searched everywhere for a solution but nothing yet! All the other themes works, but if they have boost it will be all plain html.

Thank you so much.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Diego Romero

Re: Boost theme doesn't work on freshly installed 3.4 moodle

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Have you got Theme Designer mode switched on?

In reply to Diego Romero

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

...a maximum_execution setting of 10s is optimistic anyway. Set that to at least 30s and restart the web server. It may simply not be able to build the initial caches in 10 seconds. 

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Howard Miller

by Diego Romero -

Oh man!

This was the answer, thank you so much! you're a master.