Moodle for mobile

Custom CSS in Moodle app

Picture of Mike Hall
Custom CSS in Moodle app

I have some custom CSS for tables in Moodle, added as an additional Boost theme preset file. Works fine on the website but is apparently not being picked up in the app.

Am I doing something wrong here, is the web theme being ignored (plausible) or is CSS being cached somewhere along the way?

If web themes are irrelevant in the app, how can table styling (for example) be done?

The tables currently appear, but without borders. This is not just a matter of aesthetics, the table content is difficult to read without clear borders.

If it is a caching issue, how to renew style data?

Average of ratings: -
Picture of Mike Hall
Re: Custom CSS in Moodle app

I have found a similar issue with Bootstrap buttons - work fine with no additional CSS or JS in Boost theme in web application, but not in the app.

I am not necessarily surprised that website CSS doesn't automatically carry over to the app, but would like to know what the limits are and what is/is not possible.

Apart from the tables issue above, which is about arranging data is a visually clean and clear way, the buttons were an attempt to work around an issue I am having with embedded YouTube videos (about 3 per page). With the videos, the page either won't scroll at all or is very jerky and difficult to use.

Picture of Juan Leyva
Core developersMoodle HQParticularly helpful MoodlersPlugin developersTesters

Hi,

unfortunately, the app doesn't support theme presets or bootstrap classes.

We are aware of this and we'll probably support a subset of them once Moodle Mobile 3.5 is released

Picture of behnaz ranjbar

hi,

is there any new news about bootstrap in new version?

Picture of Pau Ferrer Ocaña
Core developersMoodle HQPlugin developers

Hi!

Since Ionic and Bootstrap css can have conflicts between them we cannot fully support bootstrap classes on Ionic. However we're going to be adding more and more support to specific classes in a near future.

Please follow the following issues to keep up with this topic:

https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MOBILE-2395

https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MOBILE-2091

Cheers,

Pau