SCORMs no longer launch in new window

SCORMs no longer launch in new window

by mike spit -
Number of replies: 0

I'm running Moodle 3.2.3 and I've run into a very strange bug. I've always authored my SCORMs in Captivate, version 9 most recently. I had a bunch of broken links in my slides so I started updating them. I got through 80% of my course with no problem whatsoever, all the SCORMs work perfectly fine when I set them to launch in a new window. Then I got to one SCORM in particular that no matter what I try (re-publishing the SCORM, removing scripts, changing SCORM settings on Moodle) just refuses to launch in a new window. It just loads up a gray screen and hangs. The SCORM works fine when I launch it within frame of the current window. I'm pretty sure it's something particular to the captivate file I'm working with but for the life of me I can't find it. Has anyone run into this before? The only other time I've seen this behavior is when I upload a new SCORM in an activity where a previous SCORM was authored in a different version of Captivate. I've launched my SCORMs in new activities and it still displays the same behavior. The only other thing I can think of is that it is something to do with the browser itself. I tried checking my permissions in chrome and firefox to let my moodle site launch pop-ups, run flash etc but I can't figure out what's going on. 

Average of ratings: -