General developer forum

Boost Theme not getting installed(Dependencies check failed for theme_boost)

Picture of Baiju Sharma
Boost Theme not getting installed(Dependencies check failed for theme_boost)

Moodle ver: Moodle 3.3.1 (Build: 20170710)

I have uninstalled the Moodle Bost theme which comes by default with the installation.

Now again I want to install the Boost theme it gives me error msg "Dependencies check failed for theme_boost"

How I am installing it again.

1) Downloaded new Moodle package.

2) Gone into folder path theme/boost

3) Copy the folder on working site and upgrading the Moodle by going to notification tab.

It is giving me an error. Kindly guide me.

Average of ratings: -
Picture of Ken Task
Re: Boost Theme not getting installed(Dependencies check failed for theme_boost)
Particularly helpful Moodlers

In the download of moodle you have for your version, look in code/theme/ and you'll see there is also a 'bootstrapebase' directory.   Copy that to your sitecode/theme/ directory as well.

Make sure the owerships/permissions are set correctly for your platform/web service.

Then TIA (try it again).

Begin Virtual finger wag ...

never delete core stuff ... hide it or switch to something else via the Moodle Admin UI.

End Virtual finger wag ... ;)

'spirit of sharing', Ken

Picture of Baiju Sharma
Re: Boost Theme not getting installed(Dependencies check failed for theme_boost)

Thank you for replying.

I have downloaded Moodle Project of the same version which I am currently using and copied the boost theme folder into my folder theme of my project and updated the DB.Now it's working fine.  

Picture of Ken Task
Particularly helpful Moodlers

Glad to hear it!   You've dodged a bullet so to speak. 

Please heed the 'virtual finger wag' in your administration of Moodle in the future.

Please mark the posting that helped as 'useful'.

'spirit of sharing', Ken