moving a local moodle site to another machine

moving a local moodle site to another machine

by Kirk Preston -
Number of replies: 3

Seasonal greetings to everyone

I'm new to moodle and looking for some advice on how to move a local moodle site (on version 3.3.2) on a Windows 7 machine to another Windows 7/10 machine. 

Since I have to demo the site to about 30 Students for feedback on my final project, when I return to uni in January 2018. Is there a free hosting site where I can upload my site to or can I move my site to a virtual windows machine.

When I move the site, it has some pictures and documents in folders that are not located where moodle was installed, I assume these will have to be moved with the site also. Is there a better place to store the picture and documents where moodle is installed so it knows where to find these files without having to go through the whole of the site to update the file path for the pictures etc...?

Thanks for your help

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Kirk Preston

Re: moving a local moodle site to another machine

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

See - Moodle_migration

Any questions, just ask big grin

In reply to Howard Miller

by Kirk Preston -

Thanks Howard for the link but this is seems to be aimed at Linux users, not Windows sad

In reply to Kirk Preston

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

The principals should be much the same. 

Sorry though, I've never used Windows so can't be a huge amount of help.