Lesson Completion Settings and Reports Vary

Lesson Completion Settings and Reports Vary

by Sandy Stockholm -
Number of replies: 0

We are using 3.2 and adaptable theme. We have a series of lessons in a course that have two completion criteria set: student must reach end of lesson and student must be engaged with lesson a certain length of time. We also have one quiz question that becomes unlocked at the end of the course when students register completion with each lesson within the course.

I have noticed a few students are able to reach the end quiz question with their profile outline completion report showing that a few lessons have been started but not yet complete. The Activity Completion report within the course shows that the student did complete the activity with a check mark in the table with the listings of other students. 

The majority of students it appears to work and report as intended that completion is registered in both locations - the course's activity completion report and the student's profile outline report. I assumed that the student would need to both be engaged in the lesson for x amount of time and reach the end of the lesson. Can you only have one completion criteria set for a lesson?

I do not have student must view the activity to complete as that is already covered if you have it open a certain length of time.

Our lesson consists of a content page, followed by a page with a video, then the end of lesson. I did not want students to be on the content page for the entire time allotted for the lesson and not reach the video, thus I added they must also reach the end of lesson.

Might there be a better way to achieve this? SCORM activities are not an option for us.

thank you

Sandy

Average of ratings: -