General developer forum

Programming error detected. This needs to be fixed by a programmer: Output can not be buffered before instantiating table_dataformat_export_format

Picture of samba ball
Programming error detected. This needs to be fixed by a programmer: Output can not be buffered before instantiating table_dataformat_export_format

Hello everyone.

I made a  migration moodle  from   2.8.5 to 3.1.2.

I notice that when I want to download my reports by going Site administration / Reports / Logs

when I choose a course that I want to download ( in CSV format, or xlsx format or other), by clicking on download. there is this error message that appears.

Programming error detected. This needs to be fixed by a programmer: Output can not be buffered before instantiating table_dataformat_export_format.

Help me

Average of ratings: -
Picture of samba ball
Re: Programming error detected. This needs to be fixed by a programmer: Output can not be buffered before instantiating table_dataformat_export_format

no one can help me ??

Picture of Susan Mangan
Re: Programming error detected. This needs to be fixed by a programmer: Output can not be buffered before instantiating table_dataformat_export_format
Particularly helpful Moodlers

Hi did you ever resolve this issue?  I am getting the same error and I think it has something to do with caching but I'm running in circles trying to resolve it.

Picture of sandip tawre

I have a same problem while downloading  grade_history of user

Picture of sandip tawre

it is done by putting on index

ob_clean()

ob_start()

in grade/report/history/index.php

please suggest if anybbody have any other option

Picture of samba ball

Hi sandip tawre,

Thank you for posting this error in the forum, me too I have the same error.

I would like to know where in the file index.php did you place the

ob_clean ()

ob_start ()    ????

or else can you post your index.php on this forum in case other people will have errors of this type

Thank you very much