Grades Transcripts and Recurring Annual Training

Grades Transcripts and Recurring Annual Training

by William Golden -
Number of replies: 2

We are using Moodle 3.2 to satisfy some industry requirements for annual training. I've set up courses and cohorts for the different groups of employees necessary but one thing I still cannot figure out is how the recurring part will work.

Each employee will need to take the same 6 courses every year (upon hire and annually on their hire date). We need to be able to have that user start fresh each year with the same course but retain their previous year's grade somehow so we can show those grades in a compliance audit.

The term that makes the most sense to me is a "transcript" similar to how you can see all courses you took each year in school and the associated grade for that course.  I need to be able to pull up, on demand, a report of all the courses (with grades) a given user has taken in the last 3 years.

I have spent the past 2 days looking for an answer on this but to no avail so can someone help point me in the right direction?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to William Golden

Re: Grades Transcripts and Recurring Annual Training

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi William, 

I've been playing with a new plugin that helps to manage re-occurring courses. You can see a bit more about it here:
https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=357491

It still needs some further improvements, particularly around reporting but hopefully it might help you get started.

In reply to William Golden

Re: Grades Transcripts and Recurring Annual Training

by Mark Carpenter -
Did you figure out a method?

We're in the same position, we have a number of courses we need to keep track of for compliance that users will have to take on an annual basis.