Regression from MDL-36233

Regression from MDL-36233

by Chris Myers -
Number of replies: 1

I'm curious if anyone else is running into this, or if you have any pointers to help out our faculty.

The long and short of it is that after a lot of frustration from faculty about the issues from MDL-36233 (courses showing that assignments needed graded when they didn't actually,) after the patch was put into place during an upgrade, they started seeing the exact opposite issue -- now, courses don't report that assignments need graded when they actually do.

I created a case in the issue tracker (MDL-59072,) and after several months they just canceled it saying that they needed more information. So I'm hoping that someone else can help us out with this? Or, SQL queries/etc. that I could run to pull the information that they're saying that they need? I simply don't have the time that I can devote to tracking down stuff like this unfortuantely, and Moodle is coded so efficiently that it takes hours for me (an Oracle DBA/Sysadmin/Java developer) to track down stuff that may or may not be helpful to troubleshoot things like this in PHP.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Chris Myers

Re: Regression from MDL-36233

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

I've not but it shouldn't be that hard  to produce a set of steps (i.e. how to set up an Assignment) that exhibits this problem?

These things are impossible to fix if they can't be readily reproduced.