Is there a way to backup a single quiz and include only relevant questions?

Is there a way to backup a single quiz and include only relevant questions?

by Kristbjorg Olsen -
Number of replies: 5

Hello,

Is there a way to backup a single quiz without backing up the whole question bank of the course with it?

I know about exporting/importing question categories but that is not what I'm after.

Using Moodle 3.3

Please help or just confirm this is not possible without a lot of extra work,

Best regards,
Kristbjörg

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Kristbjorg Olsen

Re: Is there a way to backup a single quiz and include only relevant questions?

by ben reynolds -

I just tried backup a quiz in 2.9 and restoring in 3.3.2, with question bank checked for the backup. The only questions I got on restore were the 19 used in the quiz (they also happen to all be in one category, which is the only category added to my 3.3.2 question bank).

In reply to ben reynolds

by Kristbjorg Olsen -

Hi Ben and thank you for your answer.

Every time I take a quiz backup it takes all the question categories with it, no matter the quiz questions are all in one category. This time I’m taking the backup and restoring it in 3.3. 

I don’t find any admin settings regarding this. I wonder why you manage to skip getting the extra categories?? I know this has been a problem in Moodle in the past but I was hoping it had been solved.

Often quizzes include questions from different categories, even above course level, if teachers are sharing questions, which makes this problem still worse.

Best,
Kris

In reply to Kristbjorg Olsen

by ben reynolds -

Confirm. I just backed up and restored the quiz from 3.3.2 to the very same course, and the whole question bank came with it, not just the 19 questions.

I now have double categories for all the quiz categories for all the quizzes in the course.

I think this is a bug, given that it worked the way it should with 2.9 into 3.3.2

We might want to check the tracker to see if it's been reported.

In reply to ben reynolds

by ben reynolds -

I just check with Tim Hunt, who is main Quiz person for Moodle. He says the issue was never fixed, which raises the interesting question of why it worked correctly in my 2.9 but not in other versions.

In reply to ben reynolds

by Kristbjorg Olsen -

Thanks for checking this with Tim Hunt, now we know at least and yes that is interesting, some Moodle fluke you must have had. 

Best,
Kristbjörg