Teaching with Moodle

Which activity / resource (maybe combined with a plugin) should we choose?

Picture of Asle Klock
Which activity / resource (maybe combined with a plugin) should we choose?

We gonna use Moodle, and we have just installed Moodle 3.4 (Build: 20171113).
I want to add different types of interactive exercises in the course, and the students should automatically be sent to the next part when correct, but they should not be able to omit the exercises. I want the structure to be easy to follow and easy to navigate and go back to re-read, both on web on in app. What kind of activity / resource (maybe combined with a plugin) will you advise me to use?

I want the students to
1a) read a little part
1b) do one interactive exercise (e.g. drag and drop): When correct, automatically move on
2a) read a little part
2b) do one interactive exercise (e.g. sort the words): When correct, automatically move on
3a) read a little part
3b) do one interactive exercise (e.g. multiple choice): When correct, automatically move on
4a) read a little part
4b) do one interactive exercise (e.g. fill the gap): When correct, automatically move on
etc.

Average of ratings: -
Mary Cooch
Re: Which activity / resource (maybe combined with a plugin) should we choose?
Documentation writersMoodle Course Creator Certificate holdersMoodle HQParticularly helpful MoodlersTestersTranslators

How about exploring a Quiz? And also the Restrict access feature of Moodle?

Picture of Asle Klock

Thank you for your quick answer!

When I use the quiz there are a lot of extra clicks (marked with *). Do you know how to omit them?

*Attempt quiz now
Do the expercise
"Finish attempt"
*Submit all and finish
*Submit all and finish
*Next

How will you advise to present the content before and after the exercise? (page, book, lesson, IMS content package, external tool or something else)

Mary Cooch
Documentation writersMoodle Course Creator Certificate holdersMoodle HQParticularly helpful MoodlersTestersTranslators

Hello Asle and welcome to Moodle -you ask big questionssmile I suggest you look through the documentation https://docs.moodle.org/en/Main_page and if you want a refresher on teaching with Moodle you are welcome to join our Learn Moodle Basics MOOC starting 8th January.

If you want to get rid of the extra clicks, this requires some coding as the quiz has been designed to include these by default. I suggest you search in the Quiz forum on this site (link) for ways to code this.

Picture of Asle Klock

Yes, I will join the MOOC smile

I have read a lot of Moodle-documentation, and I see there are a lot of possibilities. But I haven't found an effective way to lead the students from one text through an interactive exercise to the next text like I described. I want to make a “learning path” like the default-settings in TalentLMS. Isn’t that possible in Moodle?