Blank Pages after upgrade to 3.4

Blank Pages after upgrade to 3.4

by Chad Hivner -
Number of replies: 1

Just upgraded to Moodle 3.4 and am experiencing 2 issues:

1) My E-Mail Based Self Registration function is displaying blank pages - I've never made any updates or change to those pages, so it shouldn't be a customization issue.  Running the "clean" theme which is supposedly fully supported by 3.4.  

/login/index.php displays just fine - and the "Create an Account" button displays and functions.   However - when clicking to "Create an account" - /login/signup.php?  displays as a blank page.  Have tried multiple browsers, devices, and have purged all caches.

additionally

2)  The "Theme Selector" appears to drive a similar issue - /theme/index.php displays just fine - but clicking on the "change theme" button delivers a page with ?device=default&sesskey=AioMHnwsAd  added - that is just blank - unable to select a new theme.

Can't help but think they are somehow related to a php error or something in common.

Any guidance?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Chad Hivner

Re: Blank Pages after upgrade to 3.4

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

First, think I'd get nasty and maually removing the contents of moodledata/cache and moodledata/localcache of all files folders contained there in.   Safe to do as Moodle will rebuld those as needed.

If that dosen't fix ...

check web service error logs for clues.

and turn on debugging all the way to developer and share back here in this thread what it shows/reports ... uhhh, just the text. ;)

'spirit of sharing', Ken