Call for help testing ewiki->dfwiki feature

Call for help testing ewiki->dfwiki feature

by Ludo (Marc Alier) -
Number of replies: 7
Hi,
following suggestions of the salsa dancing guru Eloi (groover) Lafuente, we have developed a functionality that kills all the moodle wikis turning them into dfwikis... This feature is under testing ( but well advanced ). We need daredevils willing to try it.
To invoke the function you just need to copy the atached files into the moodle directory and in the dfwiki admin block you'll find the option.
Good luck and give us feedback!!!
Ludo
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ludo (Marc Alier)

Re: Call for help testing ewiki->dfwiki feature

by Barry Lindler -
Ludo,

Thanks for the update.  I am willing to try it- what do I need to install first.  I do not have dfwiki installed.

thanks again,
Barry
In reply to Barry Lindler

by Ludo (Marc Alier) -
Hi Barry,
first of all you must install dfwiki, and see for yourself if you like it (you will), then you can play with the import feature (in the admin block, dfwiki behaves like a moodle course with its blocks) to import any old wiki into a new one. Then If you dare you can use the convert all the ewikis into dfwiki to automatically convert all the wiki activities into dfwikis.
Be carefull
Ludo

by Bernard Boucher -
Hi Marc,
            I just try it on test server with moodle 1.6 dev. 

1 - it seem to have some line feeds inserted in the source file ( at about 10 places ) in place of wordwrap on long lines like:

//Comprovem si ja hem passat pel formulari o és el primer cop que entrem
al fitxer

2 - The ewiki that I tested use 11 groups. Only the pages of one group was imported with success in the process. 10 others dissapear! ( by chance it was only a copy! )

3 - If you desire I can send you a backup of that ewiki to make a test on your platform.

Thanks for working on that you are on the right way,

Bernard

p.s. wikitex filter will look great on dfwiki.

In reply to Bernard Boucher

by Juan Castaño -
Hi, I am the developer of this functionality.
Please send me the backup to juancastanolpz@hotmail.com so I can have a look at it.
Juan

by Ludo (Marc Alier) -
HI Bernard,
thank you for testing... please contact with juan casataño, he is the backup-restore-conversion dfwiki guru... It would be usefull also to know what kid of wikis disapeared... hidden ones, group mode wikis etc...
Regards
Marc

by Bernard Boucher -
Hi Marc and Juan,

I sent a copy ( 8 meg ) this morning by email to Juan. If it is too big for email then let me know I will put it somewhere with http link.

For the problem only the pages of one of the 11 groups seem to be converted.

Maybe I did'nt find the group button of the dfwikithoughtful

Bye,

Bernard

by Juan Castaño -
Hi, I didn't recieve any email, I supose it's too large.
Please put it somewhere with http link.
Regards, Juan