Either StatusBar or Bottom has arbitrary margin (Possibly Ionic issue)

Either StatusBar or Bottom has arbitrary margin (Possibly Ionic issue)

by Yusuf Yilmaz -
Number of replies: 1

Hi there,

I am playing with a new MoodleMobile 3.4 for a custom app. I have cloned the main moodlemobile2 repository. After bower, gulp and phonegap builds, I have installed on my iOS 11 iPhone 6s device. 

On the siteurl asking page, there is a bottom margin as grey as shown below.

When I close the app from background after login, there is now statusbar top margin as grey as shown below.

In the MoodleMobile Official app, I do not have this issue. I have build the app today with bower and gulp commands. I am not sure if ionic updated the framework that casues this. I have seen an issue for the ionic https://github.com/ionic-team/ionic/issues/12011 

Any help appreciated. Thanks

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Yusuf Yilmaz

Re: Either StatusBar or Bottom has arbitrary margin (Possibly Ionic issue)

by Yusuf Yilmaz -

I have figured it out the problem.

The problem was bower install command. When I was posting this issue, bower install command was installing angular version 1.6.7 but now strangely installing 1.5.3 with a reference in bower.json file in angualr directory 1.6.7 . Today I have checked the official moodle mobile and saw that it was using angular 1.5.3. I have checked bower.json file and it has version 1.5.3 to be resolated. I think the issue was related to the angular-ionic version... If you encounter this problem check the angular version.