Problems with SCORM

Problems with SCORM

by Anna Con -
Number of replies: 5

Hi,

I am using version 3.2.  I have created SCORM packages and uploaded it onto Moodle.  When the students  finish viewing the SCORM package on Moodle they sometimes getting an unticked box icon on Moodle.  This suggests that the haven't completed the activity.  What is the reason for this.

I would appreciate your help.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Anna Con

Re: Problems with SCORM

by Ivica Matotek -
Picture of Testers

Hi!

Can you tell what is condition for completing activity in Scorm administration -> Activity competition?

Ivica
In reply to Ivica Matotek

by Anna Con -

I just upload articulate files/ SCORM and ask the students to view them.  When they view the SCORM packages, on Moodle, there should be a little box on the right hand side of their screen that applies a tick icon, the students  then know that they have completed their work.  Sometimes this icon is visible, but sometimes it is not.

In reply to Anna Con

by Ivica Matotek -
Picture of Testers

Hi!

Can you send a screen shoot of Activity competition and student screen?

Ivica

In reply to Anna Con

by Melanie Scott -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Reporting is a combination of things.  some are articulate settings.  Some are Moodle settings.

Is activity completion turned on for the activity?  If so, is it set to report on completion of specific things (dotted line box) or is it set to report complete when the participant checks the box (solid box)? The activity settings offer several options...completion on passed or completed, completed on a specific grade, etc.  I tend to not use passed/completed (completed/passed doesn't seem to be consistent to me--which may be my modules and may be Moodle...) and I use a grade requirement instead.

What are your articulate settings?  Several previous posts have looked at the reporting settings--you might look and see what yours look like compared to others who use articulate.  And you might check the articulate community boards (which are almost as awesome as Moodle boards)--because they frequently have great solutions if the problem happens to be the SCORM, not Moodle.  Also, they have lots of tutorials. (I don't actually use Articulate, but I know a little about it because Tom Kuhlman is my hero...)

In reply to Melanie Scott

by Anna Con -

Hi Melaine,

The activity completion was not turned on.  All I need for the student is to view it.  I need turn on my activity completion, set the activity completion tracking to = " show activity as complete when conditions are viewed", require view = "student must view this activity to complete it", 

require status ="complete"

Thanks,

Anna