Login and get someone else's account

Login and get someone else's account

by Rachel Whitton -
Number of replies: 5

Some of our students logged in to their account and instead of their own record they opened up someone else's record.  Does anyone know why this would happen and how do we fix it?

Thanks

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Rachel Whitton

Re: Login and get someone else's account

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

My guess is that you have some form of web proxy that is misbehaving or a shared kiosk machine where the previous user didn't log out.

What authentication plugin do you use?

In reply to Dan Marsden

by Rachel Whitton -

Thanks - I will check what the authentication plugin is.  It would not be a shared kiosk machine as students log in from their office computers

In reply to Dan Marsden

by Rachel Whitton -

Many thanks for your help.  I've had a look and the attached is what it is saying for authentication plugins.  Does this help you to help us?

Thanks

In reply to Rachel Whitton

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
looks like the standard authentication plugins which is good.

I don't think we're going to be able to help you here in the forums - this is probably:

1) A web-proxy misbehaving on your internal network or some form of caching system sitting in front of your Moodle server - you will need your IT support team to investigate this.
2) An issue with the session handling configuration in Moodle being used somewhere that doesn't support locking - https://docs.moodle.org/en/Session_handling (if session handling is set to default options is unlikely this will be the issue.)

If you still can't work out what is going on you might need to engage a Moodle Partner to investigate the issues related to your Moodle installation.

Good luck!

In reply to Dan Marsden

by Rachel Whitton -

Hi Dan

Thank you so much for your help.  I will speak with our IT people to see if they can figure it out for us with the suggestions you have provided

Thanks again

Rachel