Mobile app & Browser login authentication - only one active session simultaneously

Mobile app & Browser login authentication - only one active session simultaneously

by Rajkumar Thangaraj -
Number of replies: 1

Hi,

I am looking for a idea or plugin where an user can have only one active session i.e., logged into web browser in desktop using the login credentials and again if logged into mobile app using the same account or vice versa, in such case one active user session should be closed.

I had installed Unique Login authentication plugin. It works perfectly fine with web browser login without any error, but not working on moodle mobile app users.

Can anyone help me with an idea or plugin to over come this issue.

Thanks.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Rajkumar Thangaraj

Re: Mobile app & Browser login authentication - only one active session simultaneously

by Juan Leyva -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi,

the problem with the Mobile app is that it doesn't work using sessions, every request is authenticated without cookies or an active server session because each request is unique.

I don't see an easy way to implement it, if you want only one active session I think you will need to disable totally the mobile app.