General help

Hide permissions & "turn editing on"

Picture of Andy Hill
Hide permissions & "turn editing on"

Hi Guys

As always i appreciate any help.  I am running Moodle 3.4+ (Build: 20171123) with the latest version of the adaptable theme and for the life of me i cant seem to work out how to hide or turn off the feature "Turn editing on" from the teachers menu in course administration.  Also from the same teachers menu, i need to hide the permissions in order for the teacher not to be able to review permissions.

Before posting i have searched around including posts whereby Mary who is very helpful, was helping out on this subject but nothing has worked me personally.  I thought that i would create a new post as other posts were for older versions of moodle and maybe a new look at it from a newer version of moodle might help out others too.

In my admin>frontpage>frontpage settings my default frontpage role is "Authenticated user on frontpage"

I have also tried to set the permission to prevent for the following screenshot:-

However when i login as teacher i still get the following:-

If anyone can shed any light to disable/hide this from a teachers preset moodle permissions i would be most grateful. 

Thanks 

Andy

Average of ratings: -
Mary Cooch
Re: Hide permissions & "turn editing on"
Documentation writersMoodle Course Creator Certificate holdersMoodle HQParticularly helpful MoodlersTestersTranslators

If you don't want your teachers to edit courses,, why not give them the Non-editing teacher role?

Picture of Andy Hill
Re: Hide permissions & "turn editing on"

Hi Mary

Yes i see what you mean, i was having a senior moment with regards to Editing, obviously i would need the editing feature so they can edit the courses. Ok how about just removing the ability to see permissions whilst keeping the teacher?

Thanks again, your help is much appreciated 

Andy