General help

assign roles I think

Picture of michele eisenhuth
assign roles I think

Hey  we run a few courses and at the end of all the topics we issue a formal qualification.  The admin staff are set up as LMS administrators (there are only 3 of us and we share the role under our own log separate log ins).  Non editing  teachers mark all the assignments.  At the end there is the last assignment in the last topic.  We would like to have some sort of email notification of the students upload so we can monitor completions.  I was once told that happens in the assign roles but the email isn't coming through.  HELP.  Moodle 3.0.2+ (Build: 20160225) most of us use chrome occasionally we use safari.  Very novice at moodle so need non tech speak please

Average of ratings: -
Picture of Helen Foster
Re: assignment notifications
Core developersDocumentation writersMoodle HQParticularly helpful MoodlersPlugin developersTestersTranslators

Hi Michele,

You can turn on assignment notifications by going to the assignment settings (edit settings link either via the gear menu or the Administration block, depending upon your theme) then set 'Notify graders about submissions' to Yes. Your non-editing teachers will then receive notifications.

Is this enough, or do you want the admin staff to receive notifications too?

Picture of michele eisenhuth
Re: assignment notifications

Hi Helen 

Certainly that helps, but I want slightly more complex.  The last assignment the students upload I would like Admin staff to receive the email.  Admin will not need any of the other assignments but with knowledge of which students are likely to complete they can then prepare all the completion documentation.  That documentation must come from a different system.