SCORM complete - not complete?

SCORM complete - not complete?

by Anita W -
Number of replies: 2

Each of our online courses has five steps, beginning with the SCORM and ending in a certificate download.  Every step must be completed to receive the certificate.  At the first step, the SCORM is putting a checkmark on the course screen, however it’s the second step, Assessment, that is still not available.

I’ve looked at activity completion reports, and it is not showing the activity complete. 

Is this disconnect in how the SCORM is sending the passing/complete to Moodle?

I used SCORMcloud and found this in the log:

In SetScore, intScore=0, intMaxScore=100, intMinScore=0

Course created in Storyline 2. 

Attachment 01.PNG
Attachment 03.jpg
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Anita W

Re: SCORM complete - not complete?

by Melanie Scott -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

You might not like this answer...I never use Completed/Passed because I haven't been able to get it to report consistently the same thing in the same module for all users.  I would just skip that. I would check the must receive a grade and put in a required minimum score.  I set almost all of my SCORMs to report a grade of 100 when they complete the last page (overriding any other grading mechanism in the module) and then the minimum is 100.  On my exceptions, there are usually a final score set of 100 (passed) or 50 (failed) and the minimum is...well, 100.  but I don't have a need for actual score--just did they complete adequately or not.

In reply to Anita W

Re: SCORM complete - not complete?

by Mathew Gancarz -
Picture of Core developers

Turn on the debugging log and see if "Passed" is actually getting sent when you expect it to be. You can control+f to find it on the debug logging page, which you will need to turn on. I set the API debug capture mask as "my.accountname.*" without quotes and replacing the my.account name with the name of the account that it will be turned on for.

See https://docs.moodle.org/34/en/SCORM_FAQ#Debugging for more details.