Quiz Feedback not displaying as intended

Quiz Feedback not displaying as intended

by Tiffany Morgan -
Number of replies: 2

Hi all

I'm on 3.3.2

I have a quiz with all review options selected in the quiz settings.

My quiz questions, all multiple choice, each have general feedback text. 

When a student logs in, they select an answer and click the "Check" button. Based on my understanding of the settings (https://docs.moodle.org/22/en/Quiz_settings), the general feedback back text should appear to the student upon clicking the "Check button. Currently the general feedback only appears once the "Submit All and Finish" button has been selected. 

My questions are:

1. Should the general feedback be appearing when the check button is clicked? If so, how do I correct this to make it happen?

2. If that is not the intended behavior, how do I correct the quiz so that the student can receive non-answer based feedback (general feedback) for each question prior to submitting the quiz

Thanks!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Tiffany Morgan

Re: Quiz Feedback not displaying as intended

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

You do not say, but I am guessing that you are using 'Adaptive mode' for the setting 'How questions behave'.

That is the one setting that means the General feedback does not show up during the attempt. Try 'Immediate feedback' or 'Iteractive with multiple tries' instead. (Interactive only makes sense if you add hints to your question.)

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Tim Hunt

Re: Quiz Feedback not displaying as intended

by Tiffany Morgan -

Hi Tim

Thanks for that addition. You are correct, I did have it set for Adaptive mode with no penalties. I didn't realize that general feedback didn't apply when adaptive mode was being used. I'll take another look at the other options and see if I can get the outcome I need

thanks again