Thanks for your post! I've tested it with the 7.1.13RC and now both, the error and the warning are gone!
What's interesting, is following:
- The search on https://<FQDN>/admin/search.php works on a clean moodle 3.3.5+ setup with php 7.1.12
- The same works on the "broken existing platform" (moodle 3.3.5+) only with php 7.1.11 or 7.1.13
- I've 1:1 the same application environment and only changed the database configuration.
The second thing, the "narrowing..." and "notifications" warning, it's a bug in PHP 7.1.12 because:
- It occurs when debugging is enabled on a clean moodle and on the existing broken platform running php 7.1.12
- Running on PHP 7.1.11 or 7.1.13 doesn't gives this warning.
- But the first error must be something in our database, maybe in the mdl_config table? It's strange that this sql statement query is running false with the PHP 7.1.12 version.
We'll stay now on 7.1.11 on the productive platform until 7.1.13 is released!