Theme Essential-- Some Issues and Questions

Theme Essential-- Some Issues and Questions

by Mewael Ghebreslassie -
Number of replies: 3

Using Moodle version 3.4 with 3.4 version of theme Essential. 

1. Is it safe to use the theme when it is still Beta (3.4)? It does tell its maturity level when installing it but I didn't have any big issues thus far.I just need a very basic and clean LMS.... am not interested in having a robust customization at the moment. If there would be an issue to use it in its current state, can I use 3.3 with 3.4 Moodle version? Has anyone tried that?

2.  I have two things that I would like to remove from the theme ( see attached). Can anyone assist? 

Attachment Navigation elements.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mewael Ghebreslassie

Re: Theme Essential-- Some Issues and Questions

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

1. Up to you to take the risk and there are not many differences between the M3.3 and 3.4 versions but you will loose the User Tour reset functionality in the footer.
  2. Look in the core_renderer.php file.

In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by Mewael Ghebreslassie -

Thanks for the response. Will look into that. I can't seem to configure blocks ( see attached). Would you know what the issue might be?

Attachment Customizng Blocks.png
In reply to Mewael Ghebreslassie

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Have you added some CSS styles that have deleted/hidden the edit menus? Its just that the Blocks look to be missing this vital edit menu?