Moodle for mobile

Does H5P or Quizlet integration worth with Moodle mobile?

A Coloradian who was sucked into facebook against his wishes
Does H5P or Quizlet integration worth with Moodle mobile?

Moodle 3.4.

I am fairly sure that H5P does not work with moodle mobile. But please correct me if I'm wrong.

I think quizlet can be integrated into moodle, but would that work with moodle mobile?

Will any of that change when moodle 3.5 and new moodle mobile come out? I think that is scheduled for May 2018.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
Picture of Marcus Green
Re: Does H5P or Quizlet integration worth with Moodle mobile?
Core developersParticularly helpful MoodlersPlugin developersTesters

Things will only work as part of Moodle Mobile if the developers have written Moodle mobile specific code for them. I have a little experience with this having converted a Moodle question type to work in Mobile.  I am fairly sure that H5P has not done such conversion yet.  

Moodle 3.5 is due to include ways of making  it easier to make plugins work with Mobile, but it will still require some work.

Picture of Ian MacKinnon

The activity plugin currently doesn't work with the app and I haven't seen anything on the H5P roadmap to indicate they will be focusing on that. You can embed H5P content that's built via h5p.org into a resource/activity and access it on the app, but you won't have the tracking etc that comes with the plugin.

Picture of Dan Jeffries

If you want your content to be private and not on the H5P.org site, setup a simple Wordpress site, install the H5P plugin and you can easily embed into your course page - and these WILL appear on the Dekstop and mobile Apps.

Be aware, as said, that scores will not be recorded in the Gradebook. But if that's no an issue, I find this to be the easiest solution.

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
Picture of Elton LaClare

I recently read that the newest version of the Moodle H5P plugin supports embedding H5P content (via iframes) virtually anywhere on the course/site. It occurred to me that this might be another way of achieving what Dan has suggested above. Essentially H5P content could function in the Moodle Mobile App indirectly. However, when I tested this hypothesis I ran into the following error (see image below). It seems as though the H5P content isn't aware that the user is authenticated. I would be curious to hear what others think about the cause of this error and how it might be rectified. Marcus, you probably have the most direct experience of programming for the app. Any thoughts?

Average of ratings: -
A Coloradian who was sucked into facebook against his wishes

> setup a simple Wordpress site

Would this require the user to sign in to both the Moodle site, and the WordPress site?

Average of ratings: -