Formatting "check your email" message on login screen

Formatting "check your email" message on login screen

by Albert Leatherman -
Number of replies: 8

Hi all, I'm using the excellent theme "evolve-D" and would like to be able to format the text that appears to remind a user to verify her/his email address:

You need to confirm your login

An email should have been sent to your address at abc@xyz.com

It contains easy instructions to complete your registration.

If you do not see the email in your inbox, please check your spam folder.

If you encounter any difficulty, contact the site administrator.

At a minimum I'd like to be able to change the text color. Even better, I'd like to be able to put the text in a solid-color box. That's because I use a background image on the login screen that obscures the text. Please see attached pic. Any tips would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Attachment Screen Shot 2017-11-29 at 12.05.24 AM.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Albert Leatherman

Re: Formatting "check your email" message on login screen

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Forum rules
In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by Albert Leatherman -

I posted the theme name and a screenshot. Moodle version is 3.1.1.

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

What is the version of the theme please?  How can the situation be replicated?

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Albert,

Can you give me some steps to set up this particular problem you are asking help with, as the Evolved D theme is now obsolete so not much help with it sorry to say.

I'm using Moodle 3.5 and it appears to work OK so far, but then I only add my students as and when I need to. I have not set up self registration. If that is needed please let me know and I will set it up and test it out.

Thanks

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by Albert Leatherman -

Hi Mary, thanks a lot for the reply. I was able to fix the problem just by inserting font tags in the language string to make the font white, so that it appears more clearly against my background image. A quick and dirty fix!

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

I dare say a bit of CSS would have done just as well too?

I was going to suggest you use the Web Developer / Inspector tool found in most Browsers.

That way you would be able to find the exact CSS CLASS or ID for the area you need to adjust. You could easily make the background color semi-transparent using...

.css-class-name-of-element-you want-to-style { 
background-color: rgba(234,196,134,.8);
color: black;
}

Which would have the same transparency of the example you can see HERE

Just a thought...

Cheers

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by Albert Leatherman -

Hi Mary, my fix led to some unexpected consequences. Since the emailconfirmsent is used in more than one place, applying the white font-color tag to the language string made the string appear white in places I didn't expect (places with a white background). Could you help me implement a custom CSS fix instead? I'm attaching two screenshots from the web inspector as you suggested. I'm just trying to make the black text white on that screen. Thanks!

Attachment Screen Shot 2018-07-30 at 1.06.55 PM.png