Installing and upgrading help

Installing problem: Moodle url doesn't work

poseypic
Re: Installing problem: Moodle url doesn't work
Core developersTesters
I'd suggest ignoring the MAMP idea completely and follow what Emma has said about getting Moodle running alongside your Wordpress site on your hosting.

Can I ask who you are using for your Wordpress site? Do you have FTP or SSH access to this to do file uploads?

If you get that in place and create a database ready, the docs link should help you follow along. But if you still get stuck then we can help you.

Average of ratings: -
Picture of Shirley-Jane Jasper
Re: Installing problem: Moodle url doesn't work

Hi Dan

thanks for helping me out. I just still get it, neither with youtube videos.

I don't know how to get apache and mysql running.

I had a web designer who also provided me the host (absolutely no idea who that is). Since I couldn't afford his maintenance I now only have a website running via him and I have to maintain, upload, back up etc myself. 

In the past, I have been working with a ftp program and moved my files to a server. However, with this wordpress I really don't get it. I think I need a plugin, but I don't know what URL from moodle  I have to fill in etc.

Maybe it's just too difficult when I hardly understand the questions everyone asked and what words like Mamp, apache etc mean ....? It's like I'm trying to read Chinese...

But hey, thanks for thinking along!

Average of ratings: -