Optimisation of CBM use, Moodle 2.6-3.4

Optimisation of CBM use, Moodle 2.6-3.4

by Tony Gardner-Medwin -
Number of replies: 6
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

If you use Certainty-Based Marking (CBM) then you need to check out the documentation at Using Certainty-Based Marking .  At the least, you will need the Essential CBM Plugin and to check that your Moodle is set to allow Grades up to 300%. If you would prefer to show grades as "CB Accuracy" (a more sophisticated measure = conventional accuracy plus a bonus reflecting how well or badly the student has judged the reliability of their answers, maximum=100%) then you need to install the correct downloadable code modifications .  A small change in Moodle 3.4 quiz engine has necessitated a change in the downloadable files for CB Accuracy. 

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Tony Gardner-Medwin

Re: Optimisation of CBM use, Moodle 3.5, etc.

by Tony Gardner-Medwin -

If you install recent Moodle upgrades ( 3.5, 3.4.3, 3.3.5-6 ) and use CBM, you should check you install the right code mods for optimal CBM reports (  downloadable code modifications :  http://www.tmedwin.net/cbm/moodle/download/ ). It's tiresome to keep having to change these, so I would welcome assistance from anyone who could help navigate Moodle procedures for getting things into core code. The esssential CBMgrades Plugin could also need changes for GDPR - any help or advice welcome. Please email a.gardner-medwin@ucl.ac.uk . 

by Jean-Michel Védrine -

Hello Tony,

I only looked briefly but for GDPR compliance, I think your plugin don't have any database table but have 4 user preferences (showqtext, showcbmgrades, showqdata, showchosenrs) so it is exactly the same job that for the core responses quiz report plugin, even easier as all your user settings are boolean.

So you need a file similar to

https://github.com/moodle/moodle/blob/master/mod/quiz/report/responses/classes/privacy/provider.php

And the corresponding strings in your lang file.

Of course it would also be good to have some phpunit tests to prove that the class is working similar to

https://github.com/moodle/moodle/blob/master/mod/quiz/report/responses/tests/privacy_provider_test.php

but this isn't absolutely necessary

If you find difficult to do this job, and if you have a github repository, I think I can do a push request with the necessary changes.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Jean-Michel Védrine

by Jean-Michel Védrine -

Well i fact as this is a very quick job, I have done it including the phpuni test.

I will send it to you by mail.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Jean-Michel Védrine

by Tony Gardner-Medwin -

Many thanks, Jean-Michel.

This should be fine for Moodle 3.5. Some versions of 3.3 and 3.4 (3.3.5+ and 3.4.3+ I think) seem to have introduced GDPR upgrades (while earlier ones hadn't), so I wonder if this upgraded plugin is OK with Moodle versions before GDPR. My guess is that it  would simply be defining things that aren't used, so wouldn't be a problem.

by Jean-Michel Védrine -

Yes I think you are right, this is just defining a new class and some strings, so it should be OK.