Want to have a test Moodle Site

Want to have a test Moodle Site

by Stephanie Foster -
Number of replies: 2
We have had our Moodle site up and going for a little over 4 years now. It is currently run off of our Windows 2012 HyperV Server on Ubuntu Server 14.04 LTS.  Our Moodle version is 2.7.1+ (Build 20140731).  I want to upgrade to 3.3 if I can.  

Little background, I originally built the Ubuntu Server and Moodle Site on my own.  Then we got another IT person that had Linux experience and when the computer it was running off of - the hard drive died - he rebuilt it and put it on the HyperV Server.  IT person left for greener pastures in June. I have been away from all of that for over 3 years, so I am a complete NOOB when it comes to this part.   

I created a clone of the Moodle server on the Hyper V and got the cloned site up and going.  The site is set to automatically redirect to our moodle website (domain purchased from godaddy). So I edited the config.php file to go to the new IP address (only a couple of us will be testing).  But when I go to that "site", it doesn't have the theme, looks very basic and like something is wrong.  We are using Archaius for Default Theme and Clean for Mobile and Tablet.  When I log in to the site, I constantly have to take the ip address/moodle out of the address because it keeps adding and adding them in.    

Is there another way I can test the site, try to run updates and test our plugins before I do it on our live site?  

We are a non-profit and this is what we use to train staff on certain things.

Thanks

Stephanie

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Stephanie Foster

Re: Want to have a test Moodle Site

by Stephanie Foster -

No I had not.  Thank you so much.  I finally got it figured out.  smile  Now I will get to the process of updating, etc.  

Stephanie