Quiz HTML Editor

Quiz HTML Editor

by M H -
Number of replies: 8

Hi All, 

Looking for a bit of help. I am using Moodle 3.3.  I have set up a quiz for "essay style questions" and by default it is set to html editor when set up. Which is perfect. But when the student adds their answer in it disappears after they submit. 

Now it doesn't actually disappear as you cant see it if highlighted. So the font is set to white by default i guess but I cannot figure out where the font default settings. Within the editor you can choose black but surely there is somewhere in the admin settings I can change the default to black. 

Any help would be amazing. Please see images below to understand. 

Thanks in advance, 

Attachment Essay 1.jpg
Attachment essay 2.jpg
Average of ratings: -
In reply to M H

Re: Quiz HTML Editor

by M H -

Continued

Attachment essay 3.png
In reply to M H

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Well, it looks like you are using a custom theme that sets the text colour to white.

If the theme chooses to do that, then the theme should also ensure that the test is not appearing on a white background!

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Tim Hunt

by M H -

Hi Tim, 

Thanks for the reply. I cannot find anywhere to change this in themes. It doesnt happen on Short Questions only Essay Questions would it not be happening on both if that was the case. 

Thanks, 

In reply to M H

by M H -

Hi 

Would anybody else have any suggestions. Its really bugging me now. 

Thanks, 

In reply to M H

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Use chrome developer tools to find out where the text color is coming from.  Then use css to change - your theme should have an additional css section where you can add specific css.  

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Emma Richardson

by M H -

Hi Emma, 

I have used the chrome tools and I know its a font issue. But I dont know where in the css I can change. 

Thanks for your comment.