Advise about structuring a course...

Advise about structuring a course...

by Shawn H -
Number of replies: 2

Greetings,

I'm new to Moodle and would like some general advise on how to structure a course for the following scenario:

I plan on giving 1 course to two groups of people on different days. group 1 on day 1, and group 2 on day 2.  All students are required to complete the course for that day. Students of each group should not be able to see each-other in the student list and there should be some protection against students from group 1 exchanging quiz answers to those in group 2. Furthermore, we would like to give a pre-test/quiz prior to taking the main course for each group. At the end of the course, the students receive a certificate of participation.

Finally, I will be importing the student list with a CSV file but are not certain what the best method is on sending a bulk invite email to students instructing them to take the pre-test or the main course for that matter. Can Moodle facilitate this, or should we consider another service like mailChimp?

We will be using the latest version of Moodle, v3.4 I believe. 

Any guidelines, past experience, references to documentation, and anything I should watch-out for would greatly help me getting started on the right track.

Many thanks and kudo's to the community for creating a great platform.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Shawn H

Re: Advise about structuring a course...

by Dave Emsley -

Hi Shawn,

You seem to have the right idea.  Set the course up with "Separate Groups" and this will prevent them seeing each other's answers or communicating with each other.

Enrolling via CSV seems sensible - https://docs.moodle.org/34/en/Upload_users

HTH

Dave

In reply to Dave Emsley

Re: Advise about structuring a course...

by Shawn H -

Thanks Dave, I'm in the very early stages in the setup so thanks for the tip!