"Upgrade Moodle database now" button is missing

"Upgrade Moodle database now" button is missing

by Nidhi Tiwari -
Number of replies: 6

Hi Guys,

I need urgent help. I am using Moodle 2.7.3.

Upgrade Moodle database now button is missing on notification page. I have given 777 to all folders but still its strange why the button is missing. Please check the screen shots I have also checked Server->update notification.

Thanks in advance.

Nidhi

Attachment screenshot-103.15.66.238-2017-11-21-16-46-39.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Nidhi Tiwari

Re: "Upgrade Moodle database now" button is missing

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

It will only appear if there is something to update.

You can't update Moodle automatically, only individual plugins. 

If your site is on the public internet I would be *very* cautious about giving 777 permissions. It's properly insecure. 

In reply to Howard Miller

by Nidhi Tiwari -

Hi Howard,

Thanks for your reply. I have some plugin to update. It's showing in the update list but button is missing I don't know why. Please help me to fix this asap.

I was facing plugin folder not writable issue. I have given 777 to root/mod folder but still same issue. To fix this issue I have given 777. But I am having some updates that you can seen in attached screen shot but button is missing there.

Thanks,

Nidhi

Attachment err.png
In reply to Nidhi Tiwari

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

None of these are in the root or the mod folders. Make the whole thing 0777, do the updates and then return it to 0755. 

In reply to Howard Miller

by Nidhi Tiwari -

Hi Howard,

I appreciate your interest in this thread. My issue is that I have some plugins missing on disk for that I need Moodle data update but "Update Moodle Database now" button is missing on server. Please check the last screen shot on server.

Thanks,

Nidhi

In reply to Nidhi Tiwari

by Howard Miller -

The last screenshot shows that you have not installed the new plugins. 

If the permissions were correct you could install the plugin and then be taken to the "upgrade database". As I noted earlier, you aren't seeing that button because there is nothing to upgrade. It only appears when Moodle detects that some updated code has been added.

In reply to Nidhi Tiwari

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

From your screen shot, shouldn't 'enable updates deployment' be checked ... default is off - not checked.

It does say that for that to work the web service user needs to be able to write to the moodle code directories.

Then, In the listing of plugins that need updating then, there would be an 'install' button under each of those needing updating.   You don't see the 'update database' until your moodle has acquired tne new code for at least one of those plugins.

'spirit of sharing', Ken