Moodle 3.4 fresh install - Mobile Settings - Certificate check

Re: Moodle 3.4 fresh install - Mobile Settings - Certificate check

by Ken Task -
Number of replies: 2
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Thanks, Matteo!   That does help ... forgot about sslabs. :\

Mdl version is 3.4.  OS is CentOS 7.

The server/network tech at domain was just about to take another job when he sent me files.

Will review what I have. ;) and check out Comodo info.

Funny ... was helping another gentleman get a cert for a domain name he owned and he had issues with getting the domain verified.  We even did the web check like Google does for sites.

Comodo also provided a form for generation of the CSR which one could submit online without local gen of a .key file.

Others I've worked with one had to generate the csr paried with a unique key.

Not sure I like Comodo. :\

Ken

In reply to Ken Task

by Matteo Scaramuccia -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Ken,
let us know; in the past Comodo was already a star here big grin: https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=326457.

HTH,
Matteo

In reply to Matteo Scaramuccia

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Well, Comodo might be a 'star' IF one has direct access to it for the global cert for the domain.  In this case, the moodle.example bundle mentioned in the 326457 discussion isn't present ... wasn't provided by former server admin for that domain.  

Besides that, entity has some time ago standardized on Canvas so there is really no interest by the entity to assure Moodles of any version works with certs nor Androids/iPads/iPhones.

Site really used for exploration of Moodles ... not a production server ... so guess it will limp along.

Funny though ... moodle 3.3 no such issue ... it's only the moodle 3.4 ... and probably all future versions of Moodle.   New app probably requires ... soooooooo .... guess it stays as is.

Thanks for the info and assitance though, Matteo!

'spirit of sharing', Ken