Hosting Moodle on Godaddy Shared Hosting (Beware)

Hosting Moodle on Godaddy Shared Hosting (Beware)

by Andy Hill -
Number of replies: 0

Hi Guys

Just wanted to share my experience and headache over an issue i have had with Moodle on godaddy shared hosting. I was puzzled by the fact that when my students was working through lessons on my moodle on the same network (WiFi) after approximately 18 pages the site would go down, including a wordpress site in another directory on my account. 

I spoke with godaddy support and tried to put it on the moodle code, which didnt make any sense as it was shutting down all sites within my account. I then researched the error which was;-

ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE (Google Chrome Browser)

I then found this link:-

https://uk.godaddy.com/community/Developer-Cloud-Portal/constantly-net-ERR-EMPTY-RESPONSE/td-p/10424

Strange thing is i could force this issue after flicking through my page lessons approximately 18 times and would only affect people on my wifi so when i forced the issue godaddy support could see my website without any problems. 

I was then convinced that this was something on GoDaddy that was causing the issues. I since have moved to bluehost and tried to replicate the issue and everything is fine on the Bluehost account.

Still godaddy and myself are not sure what the problem is but switching provider was what solved my problem. In case anyone is suffering with the same on godaddy shared hosting then they are unable to tell you what the issue is and switching provider sorted out the problem.

I cannot comment on Godaddy VPS but wanted to share my experience in case it helps our fellow moodlers. 

Kind Regards

Andy

Average of ratings: -