StudentQuiz: moving questions from Question Bank category

StudentQuiz: moving questions from Question Bank category

by Miro Iliaš -
Number of replies: 4

Dear experts,

I assigned the role "Question Creator" to my students in Moodle 3.3 course who are creating Quiz questions in their own Question Bank categories.

Now the StudentQuiz plugin is updated. I would like to return to the StudentQuiz activity but with questions already created by students.

Is it possible to  move those questions to StudentQuiz category so that students can work with them ?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Miro Iliaš

Re: StudentQuiz: moving questions from Question Bank category

by Miro Iliaš -

Helo again,

so I played (Moodle 3.3) with the StudentQuiz activity and found that it is not possible to move questions from outside categories into the StudentQuiz category.

Is is only possible move students questions from StudentQuiz category to other (outside) categories. 

Any comments on that ?

In reply to Miro Iliaš

by Frank Koch -
Picture of Plugin developers
StudentQuiz allows to import and export questions in the many Moodle standard formats. So, just create e.g. a Moodle XML file with your questions and import this into your StudentQuiz activity.
Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Frank Koch

by Marcus Green -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Frank, would I be right in recalling that when you do that you should turn off categories for the purpose of the import?

In reply to Marcus Green

by Frank Koch -
Picture of Plugin developers
Thank you for the hint Markus. I think we improved this with version 2.0 such that you do not need to turn off categories anymore. Otherwise, if it doesn't work, please turn off categories while doing the import.

Sorry for the vage answer. I'm travelling in India and cannot try by myself...