Courses which allow guests

Courses which allow guests

by Birgit Scott -
Number of replies: 4

Hello,

I'm using Moodle 3.2.4

I've opened up many courses for guest access and have kept manual enrollment and self-enrollment as alternative enrollment methods. 

It seems that allowing guest access to a course prevents non-guest students from having these courses appear on their dashboard in "course overview"?

I'm probably just missing a tiny box somewhere... Please help

Thank you so much,

Birgit

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Birgit Scott

Re: Courses which allow guests

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

They won't appear on the Course overview as they are not enrolled into the courses.  If you really need links to these courses then you could add an HTML block with links to the courses to the default dashboard and reset it for all users - see Dashboard

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Birgit Scott -

Thank you for your quick reply.

Is it instead possible for them to self-enroll? Despite the guest access?

If not, could you say a little more as to how the HTML block links to the courses?

In reply to Birgit Scott

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

They can self enrol, sure. Regarding the HTML block the idea would be to manually add links to the courses in the block and then add the block to the default dashboard. See also HTML block