How to hide email on profile page?

How to hide email on profile page?

by Ian L -
Number of replies: 4

I searched and found a partial solution to removing the emails from the "People block.

Via this page:

https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=347915

However, once I click through to the profile you can still see the email. I read users can opt out of this if they want. However is there a way to remove them from all?

Perhaps I am paranoid, but I think someone may come in and try to steal or download their emails.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Ian L

Re: How to hide email on profile page?

by Gary Lynch -

HI

Try using inspect element on the profile page.

and hide it using Custom CSS

Which Theme you using and Moodle version?

Regards Gary

In reply to Ian L

by Luis de Vasconcelos -

Those crooks you mention have to be logged into Moodle before they can see profile details. If you don't want people creating accounts for the purpose of stealing student info, such as their emails, then disable self-registration.

Self-registered users will probably get the Student role and that role does not have access to download email details (or other profile info).

In reply to Luis de Vasconcelos

by Ian L -

Thanks. As far as I know no one has done that, I was just imagining the worst thing possible. I realized that when I enabled the participants or people block. For social proof I wanted people to see how many are enrolled in the course.

I have self registration and paypal enabled for a course. I wanted students to be able to get some free access to try it out. I am not sure if this is optimum. But I don't know another way how to do this.