General discussion

Introductions

Picture of Doug Belshaw ??☠️✊
Introductions

Whether you're a regular on the Moodle forums, or completely new, this is the place to introduce yourself.

1. Who are you and what do you do?
  2. Where are you based?
  3. Why are you interested in MoodleNet?
C'est moi :-)
Re: Introductions

Hi Doug,

1. Séverin TERRIER, i'm the administrator (both technical and functionnal) of several Moodle plateforms of my university (Université Toulouse 1 Capitole)
  2. I'm french, living and working in Toulouse, France
  3. For the moment, i'm just trying to understand what MoodleNet will be exactly, what it will provide, and what changes it will involve in existing Moodle sites, courses, forums. English is not my first language, and i'm not fluent in readings, and don't always understand well all details (and it takes time).

Have a nice day,
Séverin

Welcome Séverin! Delighted to have you here, and your language expertise is a fantastic asset to be able to draw upon.

Picture of Greg McVerry

1. I am Greg McVerry, Associate Professor of Literacy and Technology at Southern Connecticut State University

2. I am based on the web but my physical presence is usually in Connecticut, USA

3. I have been doing Moodle trainings for districts (usually using Mahara to build portfolio solutions). I also serve on our State's edtech commission and OER is becoming a major focus. There is no "GitHub for educators" and I believe with the growth of OER Commons, Moodlenet could become that space.

Welcome Greg! We know each other from other channels, and Mozilla work, so I'm delighted that you've introduced yourself here.

Mary Cooch

Hi all! I'm the Moodle Community Educator and I am very keen to be a part of the new MoodleNet discussions for a number of reasons, including (1) I currently look after the existing moodle.net site and wish we could have more sharing and easier sharing and (2) I have been a member of the Moodle Community for over ten years now and think anything that enlarges and enhances our community is a Good Thing.

Random fact: I live about two hours away from Doug which in global terms I figure counts as virtually next door smile

Thanks Mary! Great to have your input here approve
Ben talking on the phone beside a monitor

It is required that I follow Mary.
Glad to be here and see what's happening.
Sorry, Doug, to bury my intro here, but that's what happens when you follow Mary smile

My technical title is Senior Program Manager. I've been very lucky to be a reviewer for several Moodle books put out by Packt Publishing. I'm a Moodle fan. My mother lives not far from Mary and Doug, so I'm in that neighborhood every 6 months or so for about 10 days.

It's been 3 years since I last attended a Moodle Moot, and I miss the F2F companionship, but I love talking to Moodlers over the Internet.

This will be fun!

Welcome, Ben! It was good to interview you earlier today in preparation for the Design Sprint smile

Picture of Richard Oelmann

Richard Oelmann here

ex Primary School teacher, Advisory Teacher, Deputy Head

ex Senior Learning Technologist at University of Wales, Newport then University of South Wales

Currently Senior Systems Developer for Learning Teaching and Research at University of Gloucestershire

Also previously moderator on the Themes forum of Moodle.org and still active, when I can be, on the forums.

Welcome Richard! Great to have your expertise available here. Please do dive into the white paper when you can. I've started work on the 'identity' part of the paper, but continue to welcome feedback on the personas, which people like you will be able to help bring to life! https://goo.gl/vwWRVD

Picture of Chris Kenniburg

Hello.  I am Chris Kenniburg and I am a web administrator for Dearborn Public Schools in Dearborn, Michigan.  We are one of the largest K-12 school districts in Michigan with over 21,000 K-12 students.  We are also in a unique situation where we are officially considered a K-14 school system because we also have an a college which is governed by the same board of education.  Our college, I believe, is using the services of eThink for Moodle hosting and services. We ar two institutions with one governing board of education.  

We are interested in MoodleNet because the entire State of Michigan is a GoOpen state.  There is a big push to bring OER resources into the classrooms.  http://www.michigan.gov/mde/0,4615,7-140-28753_80670---,00.html  

We are also very much invested in Moodle and would like to see a tool in which we can create and share resources.   Ideally, a teacher could search by benchmarks and standards or keywords and easily embed or bring that content into a course.  

We are hopeful this project will take us down that road.  

Hi Chris, and welcome! Thanks for giving an update on what your context is, and about the exciting news around OER in Michigan smile

We'll definitely be ensuring creating, using, sharing, and remixing open content is a key part of Project MoodleNet. Please do get involved with the white paper: https://goo.gl/vwWRVD

Picture of Vijay Anand Deenadayalan

Hello Doug,

This is Vijay Anand from India.

I am working as Technical Delivery Head, We are providing educational technology consulting and e-learning services. Also, we have universities in three locations. currently, we are using Moodle platform for all the campuses.

I am using Moodle since 2009. I can share my technical difficulties with the community.  I hope this project will resolve the same.

Welcome Vijay Anand! Great to have you here. I'd very much welcome your input and expertise when it comes to the white paper we're putting together. 

Ideally, Project MoodleNet will help ease some of the technical difficulties you've come across. Please do help with the white paper: https://goo.gl/vwWRVD

Picture of Debashish Datta

Hi Doug,

I am Debashish Datta from India. I am an Instructional Designer and have around 19 years of experience in designing and building learning solutions for corporates. I have been using Moodle for the past 3 years. 

The corporate learning approach is also changing and there is a lot of focus on short-learning modules or micro-learning and real-time learning. I would love to share my design experience.  

Hi Debashish! Glad to have someone with your experience and expertise play a role in this project. Could you have a look at the white paper, please? I'm particularly interested in getting the personas correct, and perhaps you could add some suggestions from your experience, to help bring them to life? https://goo.gl/vwWRVD

Picture of nolan damon

Hi Doug

I am Nolan Damon form Worcester, Western Cape, South Africa.  I am a mathematics teacher at a school for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing.  I am using Moodle to teach mathematics to the Deaf.  I am also a Moodle trainer for schools in and around the Western Cape.

We would like to see more accessibility features for Deaf learners within the LMS. Maybe I can help with features like this.

Regards

Nolan

Welcome Nolan! It's great to see such a diverse range of experience and expertise in those interested in this project.

While Project MoodleNet is focused on new technologies beyond the learning platform it will, of course, feedback into the design of existing offerings.

Perhaps you could dive straight into the white paper and add comments/suggestions? No need to ask permission! https://goo.gl/vwWRVD

Picture of Vicke Denniston

i

I'm Vicke Denniston, and I am the Moodle Admin and Faculty Support at Viterbo University We are hosted, so I don't do any server stuff, but I take care of the rest of it, and I provide support to faculty, staff and occasionally to students on Moodle and related technologies.

I am located in La Crosse WI, USA

I want to find a place where I can learn things, hopefully help others learn new things and a place where I can refer our users to find answers as well. I have been using Moodle on and on for 10 or so years, and want to learn as much as I can.

Welcome Vicke! Delighted to have you onboard smile

You've definitely found the right place if you want to learn new things and help others to do likewise. I'd suggest you dive straight into adding your comments and suggestions to the Project MoodleNet white paper: https://goo.gl/vwWRVD 

Picture of Wayne Gibbons

1. I’m Wayne Gibbons, and I do lots of things! The things I do relating the education are that I am a lecturer, a doctoral researcher and a keen learner. In my days to day lecturing duties, I develop and deliver modules on a degree in Civil Engineering. My doctoral research is into the perceptions, design, implementation and effects of digital badges on first year undergraduate students. 

2. I’m based in Galway, in the west of Ireland. 

3. As a daily user of Moodle and social networks, I’m keen to see how MoodleNet develops. What will it be? What can I do to contribute? How will people use it? Will it become the “go to” place for collaboration and peer learning? 

Delighted to have you here, Wayne! In terms of what you can do to contribute, your comments and feedback on this forum, as well as directly on the Google Doc, would be invaluable: https://goo.gl/vwWRVD 

Picture of Dan McGuire

Dan McGuire

I'm the founder and Executive Director of the Stone Arch Bridge Initiative for Education Resources, SABIER

SABIER provides funding for: 

K12 Professional Development supporting teachers to:
                                       - Create or Curate OER - especially, elementary STEM & PBL
                                       - Engage students with OER in the Classroom  
                                       - Revise OER to meet specific standards 

Professional Development for Higher Ed faculty to:
                                         Create, Curate, and Revise OER
                                         Infuse OER in Existing course content

I'm also an author/curator of the 3rd, 4th, 5th, Grade Science courses for the Minnesota Partnership for Collaborative Curriculum - 

. SABIER provides additional course creation services and professional development for the MPCC. I've been involved in professional development for teachers and faculty (mostly on Moodle, but other systems, too) since about 2005. I started using Moodle in 2007. I've done writing about Moodle, OER, and other topics here since 2009.

2. I live in Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA

3. This post explains why I think MoodleNet is needed.

Welcome Dan, and I know you need no encouragement to comment - you've already been doing so on the white paper! Thank you smile

Picture of Luiggi Sansonetti

Hi

1. I'm Luiggi Sansonetti and a French Moodler since 2011. Active participant into French Community like Severin wink. Admin, Teacher, Trainer, Tester, Translator, MoodGyver, MUA member...
  2. I'm working in Lannion, Brittany and living in Plestin Les Grèves (at the coast!)
  3. I'm really interesting by all moodle or community improvements, to make a better Moodle and to facilitate its use.

So if I can help, share, with my ideas, my time, why not.

Cheers.

Welcome Luiggi! Delighted to have you onboard. What do you think of the draft white paper? Do you have any comments to improve it, either in the relevant section of this forum, or the Google Doc itself? https://goo.gl/vwWRVD

Picture of Luiggi Sansonetti

Hi Doug

After reading this whiter paper, let me say : whaou !

It's, for me, a good project and a hard work beggined. Go go go !

I'm going to add some comments because of the french point of view wink or some other ideas (hope they'll be fine)

Cheers.

Thanks for the support, enthusiasm, and comments Luiggi! 

Picture of John Hunter

Who are you and what do you do?

My name is John Hunter and I am an Instructional Designer supporting various United States Air Force aircrew training programs in the sunny Southwest region of the United States.

I saw the project on the MoodleNews website and after reading the whitepaper and the scenarios I am VERY intrigued. Especially as our current organization is looking to move all training to a cloud based environment and deliver the content on Mobile devices.  I also am very interested in how to elevate our current learning materials to do more scenario based training, adaptive learning formats and supporting gamification in this particular environment.

Welcome, John - and thanks for your feedback on the white paper. Looking forward to your contributions during this project!

Picture of Lilian Low

Hi there!

I am starting in a new role as an Online Course Developer at Alphacrucis College https://www.ac.edu.au/ based in their Melbourne campus, Australia. 

I used to teach online & was an LMS Coordinator & Instructional Designer.

I read about the MoodleNet Whitepaper in the recent Moodle News.

I am always keen to learn more about Moodle & connect with the Moodle Community.

Thanks.

Lil

Welcome Lillian! Do you have any comments / feedback to add to the Project MoodleNet white paper? The deadline is on Wednesday smile

Picture of Lilian Low

Sorry, Doug. Just started reading the white paper yesterday & haven't fully digested it yet. 

Hopefully can give some thought to it before the deadline, thanks.

Lil

KS logo

1. Haakon Meland Eriksen, special adviser in KS Digitization at the Norwegian Association of Local and Regional Authorities (KS), and the product manager of KS Learning. KS Learning is the national component for sharing knowledge and competence building for employees in local and regional authorities in Norway. It is currently used by over 200 000 employees, and over 150 local and regional authorities are in the process of making use of the solution for planning, delivering events, elearning, micro learning and reporting.
  2. Oslo, Norway.
  3. Sharing knowledge and competence building is at the heart of KS Learning, which requires all public course material to be under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike (CC-by-sa) to allow sharing and adapting by other local and regional authorities. MoodleNet ties in very nicely with this goal.

Hello Haakon and welcome to this forum and the project! 

Great introduction and delighted that you see synergies between KS Learning and Project MoodleNet. I've heard very good things about Lyderia smile

KS logo
Re: Re: Introductions

Hi Doug! Thanks for sharing your latest presentations of MoodleNet  , and I really enjoyed your write-up about decentralized publishing with Hubzilla , which I have been involved with as a volunteer for years! smile

Re: Re: Introductions

Thanks! Would love to talk with you about Hubzilla sometime.

The functionality is great, but the UX/UI is somewhat confusing...

KS logo
Re: Re: Re: Introductions

Sure, just ask. smile Thanks, we are really proud of it - version 3.2.2 was just released. smile

We used it at a prior job as a substitute for Twitter and Instagram at several events, one for about 350 people, and it seemed to work pretty well out of the box for posting images and updates.  I am too familiar with it to really notice myself, kind of like with Moodle. :D

One nice feature for new users is to use the account setting "Your technical skill level", and choose level 0 - "Beginner/Basic" to only have basic features turned on, and then later move it up from level 0 to level 5 - "Wizard - I probably know more than you do". smile

Sean Tilley is a member of both the Diaspora and Hubzilla community, and he recently wrote a nice in depth article about Hubzilla over at Medium, https://medium.com/we-distribute/the-do-everything-system-an-in-depth-review-of-hubzilla-3-0-692204177d4e . smile

Moodle and Hubzilla are actually pretty similar, e.g. in a Moodle instance an editing teacher can have several courses with different material for different students, while in a Hubzilla instance a member can have several channels with different material for different audiences. Just like a course can have different Moodle activities and resources for students, a Hubzilla channel can provide its audience with a wiki, webpages, forum, chess, social network, files, galleries, calendar etc. I suppose you can stretch it a little and say that if you combined a Moodle user account and a Moodle category with many courses, you would get something like a Hubzilla member account, capable of holding several channels for different audiences, e.g one for personal social use and others for different topics. Your sailing friends may not be that into Moodle or Hubzilla.

The main difference is, with Hubzilla, the community does not put all the eggs into one basket, the community's eggs are in many baskets, and the eggs can communicate with each other across the baskets.

The baskets are Hubzilla hubs. The eggs - your identity, your friends, your content - are what we call nomadic, you can take them with you to another basket, even automatically, by setting up a clone of your channel at another hub. This is surprisingly handy when a basket topples over, e.g. has temporary technical difficulties or a hub has to close, either from lack of funding, censorship, provider is in a country not compliant with GDPR etc. Your are in the middle of a conversation, something goes bump at your regular hub, you go to your clone, and continue talking. smile Your audience, regardless of which basket they belong to, can get access to views of your eggs, which means access can be revoked - your stuff is yours. Oh, and you can have different profiles for different sets of friends/audiences, e.g a professional profile and private social profile.

In Moodle, users are all in the same basket, e.g. all 208 000 users of KS Learning are in one Moodle instance with high availability setup behind it. However, courses published as LTI resources at other hubs that are included in a course for your local Moodle resemble the core of Hubzilla, only Hubzilla decentralizes all your publishing. It would be trivial to add H5P learning resources to Hubzilla as a content type plugin. smile It would not be a full LMS like Moodle, with competency planning, execution and reporting, but it could be both useful and a user friendly way to provide learning. smile

KS logo
Svar: Re: Re: Re: Introductions
KS logo
Svar: Re: Re: Re: Introductions
Picture of Ruben Cancho

Hi all!

1. Who are you and what do you do?

I'm Ruben, a spanish teacher at K-12 and vocational schools, lecturing IT and programming. Also I host and maintain my own Moodle instance where I teach.

2.Where are you based?

Valencia (Spain)

3. Why are you interested in MoodleNet?

Help to have a tool to empower teachers to share resources and practices easily.

Ruben.

PD: I don't have too much time but I'll keep an eye with the project and I'll try to be constructive ;)

Welcome Ruben, and thanks for introducing yourself! We look forward to your contributions smile

Picture of Ralf Hilgenstock

Hi

here I am. Doug asked me to introduce myself.

Ralf Hilgenstock in Berlin - Germany, co-owner of eLeDia eLearing im Dialog, German Moodle Partner.

I'm moodling since 15 years with a  background in corporate training, coaching and OD.  When I started I  worked hardly in German localization up to now. As moderator I give a lot of support in German Moodle community here.

I would like to give my cents for the new concepts.

Ralf

Hi Ralf! Thanks for introducing yourself to everyone.

I'm really pleased that Moodle Partners like yourself are getting involved in this project. We think it's going to be hugely beneficial to the whole community and really need experienced people like yourself involved smile

Picture of john saylor

i am john saylor and i am the tech lead for the moodle installation at brandeis university.

waltham (boston) massachusetts USA

i am a mastondon user and saw one of doug's posts there. i am also interested in some of the (possible) tech (activityPub) ...

Hi John, and welcome!

Delighted that you've introduced yourself here, and that you can bring some experience of both being a tech lead and being involved in a decentralised social network. smile

Picture of Ralf Hagemeister

Hello everybody!

I am looking forward to be part of this new project. I think this will be an important change in the way how to handle eLearning.

Who am I and what am I doing?

I am Ralf and studied education/social science more than 20 years ago. Since then I have worked as a freelance consultant for eLearning-projects in various companies. I advise HR-Leaders and employees how to implement successful eLearning-strategies. Beside Moodle I am also familiar with other (not open source) plattforms.

Moreover I create eLearning content, using e.g. Articulate 360, Storyline and Captivate.

Where am I based?

I live in Cologne (Germany) and was glad to see all the Moodlers last week on the German MoodleMoot in Kassel.

Why am I interested in MoodleNet?

The way of eLearning changes. Since 13 years - when I started with Moodle - I have hoped that companies (and also others) will use all the activities Moodle provides. But, they didn't.

But right now I notice a small spirit of change:
Companies are currently more interested in forums, glossaries and blogs. This trend has already been realized by IBM Connection, Workplace by Facebook and others.

My hope to MoodleNet:

• I hope that learners will be rescued from being forced to read boring PDF-material and to use WBTs with buttons just to click "next".
  • My second hope is that trainers get the skills to create really useful eLearning-scenarios with fancy plattform features.
  • And of course -  most important for me: education is one helpful key to make the world a better place!

Greetings from Cologne, Ralf

Picture of Hubert Chathi

Hi everyone,

1. I'm Hubert, and I'm a software developer.  I used to work with a former Moodle Partner, and I miss the Moodle community! wink

2. I'm based in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada.

3. When I worked at Remote Learner, I did a bunch of work with the old MNet system (including creating an Java implementation) and was involved in some of the initial discussions in replacing it, which unfortunately stalled out.  It looks like MoodleNet is kind of a spiritual successor to MNet, so I'm excited that there's some progress being made on this front.

In a few weeks, I will be starting to work with New Vector, who are heavily involved with the Matrix communications protocol.  I noticed that you have Matrix listed in your research page, and Matrix seems like it might be a good fit for Recommendations #6 and #7 in the whitepaper under the Messaging section.  Matrix is also planning on looking into the problem of decentralized reputation, so this may be another potential area of collaboration.  If you have any questions about Matrix, feel free to ask me, and I'd be happy to help determine whether or not Matrix would be a good fit for MoodleNet.  But aside from that, this seems like a very interesting project, and I'm looking forward to following its progress!

Hi Hubert, and welcome to the forum!

Thanks for the update about Matrix, and interesting that you did work on MNet.

I'd be happy to talk directly sometime if you want to reach out by email (just doug at moodle dot com)

Picture of Don Hinkelman

Hi Doug and the MoodleNet collaborating community,

This is Don Hinkelman, and I have been serving as a vice-president of the Moodle Association of Japan, as well as supervising the design and promotion of the Moodle Association of Japan Hub, an open course sharing site. My day job is teaching foriegn language communication skills in a Japanese university, manage our university Moodle, and develop/maintain a number of Moodle plugins such as the Sharing Cart and Video Assessment modules. I also research face-to-face technologies and wrote a book on blended technologies in second language classrooms.

I have been meaning to connect with for a long time because MoodleNet is replacing the old Hub, and our MAJ Hub was one of two independent hubs in the world that got surprised by the decision to end the Hub features in Moodle 3.4. At first we thought Hubs were over, but Martin said not to worry because the MoodleNet will continue and greatly expand the connections and community.

For me, I hope the number one goal of this project would be mass collaborative course authoring, of which, course sharing would be the base.  In my experience, sharing a course is not enough, but having a way that all iterations and improvements get collected, discussed, and evaluated would be a powerful paradigm change in how education grows as a whole.

I have not read, but I want to, all the great plans and discussion you have worked on.  Please help me find the best place to get engaged, and I will try my best to support this new project.

Hi Don, and welcome!

This is the perfect time to get involved in the project, as next week we're running a design sprint in London and have just secured the services of a technical architect (who will be announced / introduced in due course).

Everything you need should be linked from https://moodle.com/moodlenet

We're looking forward to your contributions based on your wealth of experience! smile

Picture of john kuti

Hello Don,

the MAJ Hub already has a lot of the features that we might hope for in moodlenet - a rating scale for users opinions about courses and also a hit parade (number of downloads), and the opportunity to submit a review.

Surely stories from the experience of this hub will be highly relevant to the moodlenet project, and a reference point for discussions. I'm just deciding how to spend my 10 point registration bonus in the HUB right now...

Picture of mandy honeyman

Hi Doug et al,

I was an early Moodler, recently taking a building (a house) sabbatical but at the same time have been trying to usher some enthusiasm around a project (extending a paper written at the end of my MA) to build use of social media for teacher CPD in sub-Saharan Africa. 

Reading the white paper encouraged me to think about this again, is it really possible that I might be able to merge these two interests (Moodle and CPD via smartphones)?

A bit late to the table as you are midst design sprint, however, I did notice the absence of reference to mobility and accessibility. I could assume this is because these principles are now entrenched in the Moodle mission but also wanted to make sure as these are also so easy to forget.

All the best with the sprint (how exciting!)

Mandy

Hi Mandy, and welcome!

Thanks for sharing the paper, which I look forward to reading. With regard to your question about mobility and accessibility, I think we're so used to principles around universal design that we don't even think about explicitly mentioning them. You're right to call us out on it, however.

Picture of Mayel de Borniol

Hello everyone! 

I'm excited to have joined the team and started work on the technical architecture of the MoodleNet project! You can read my intro on the MoodleNet blog.

I look forward to cooperating with you all on this project!

Julian Ridden

Howdy all,

Hoping it is not too late to join the fun.

Old time Moodle user here (answering another thread had me not m first Moodle.org login was nearly 14 years ago! Back then I used to go by the moniker "Moodleman", but that was a long time ago.

I am not a strong developer but can bring

• Product Management experience (with a focus on the user)
  • Community Management experience 
  • Graphic design skills
  • High level social networking understanding
  • Long time Moodle knowledge.

Happy to assist the project anyway that I can.

Julian

Welcome back to the Moodle community, Julian! Good to see you here. 

We're looking forward to your contributions to this project, and thanks for listing your skills/experience smile

Picture of Martin Deinhofer

Hi,

My name is Martin Deinhofer, I work at the University of applied sciences Technikum Wien in Vienna as lecturer and scientist.

Currently I am the project lead of a funded project called StudyATHome Internationally (https://embsys.technikum-wien.at/projects/studyathome-intl/index.php) with the objective to share eLearning courses between universities.

I am new to moodle but as it is used on many universities I think it will be the right choice for our project tasks.

I am wondering if MoodleNet could be the solution for the sharing of courses.

Welcome, Martin! MoodleNet is initially focused on resource sharing, but we're planning for it to be content-agnostic smile

Picture of Julie Day

Hello peeps, my name is Julie and I am on secondment to the Victorian TAFE Association on the Regional TAFE Alliance Project as an eLearning Developer.  I am located at the Bairnsdale campus (Victoria, Australia) of Federation Training.

This project is special in that it brings together all seven regional TAFEs in Victoria to collaborate and share content, build content, and assessments in Moodle and redistribute the output back to the regional TAFEs. Collaboration is key to this project as well as the secondment model which is keeping staff embedded into their TAFEs whilst building capacity and capability. 

About 7 years ago I was lucky enough to be provided another secondment opportunity that saw me embedded into the eLearning team at Federation Training for 3 months. Basically once here I never really left. My rationale for my interest in Moodle.net is that if I can rub shoulders (virtually) with others in the ‘know’ , then I am one step closer to improving my knowledge and skills on all things Moodle!

Thanks for having me.

Regards, Julie

Hi Julie, and welcome to the MoodleNet community! 

I hope you'll apply to be one of our beta testers when the time comes? We'll need a wide range of people in January smile

Picture of César AWAD

Hi all, I am an L&D professional joining the forum to contribute to the development of Moodle or/and propose ideas.

1. Who are you and what do you do? I am currently an L&D manager working mostly on digital learning programmes.
  2. Where are you based? In Paris
  3. Why are you interested in MoodleNet? I love the idea to contribute to the development of new functionalities by proposing ideas or contributing to test them.

Welcome César! Great to have you hear on the forum. Hopefully you'll be able to help us localise MoodleNet in French!

Picture of Adam Procter

Thanks in advance
Adam Procter
Senior Teaching Fellow
Programme Leader - BA (Hons) Games Design & Art

University of Southampton
Faculty of Arts & Humanities
Winchester School of Art

Also part time PhD student looking at Edutech

Winchester, UK

I am keen to look at any and all new Edutech advances and specifically those that connect to the concept of Communities of Practice.

Welcome Adam, great to have you here. I'm looking forward to seeing how your insights from your PhD can help us with MoodleNet (thanks for your help in backchannels so far!)

Picture of Laura Hilliger

1. Hi everyone! My name is Laura Hilliger and I do a lot of different kinds of work, for a lot of different organizations. Mostly non-profits. I'm also a fierce believer in open source
  2. All over the world. I "live" in Germany, but travel quite a bit.
  3. Complex platforms, global community and open source are things I'm interested in. Plus, I think the MoodleNet team is pretty great ;)

Hi Laura! Great to have you here. Looking forward to your help testing MoodleNet and making it awesome smile

Picture of Luca Bösch

Hi you all.
I'm Luca from Switzerland, working for the BFH Bern University of Applied Sciences.
My job is being the Moodle Service Owner. I do quite a bit of programming, too, helping out in Tracker issues.
Besides, I'm active in the Moodle User Association. There, I witnessed a presentation by Doug and since then I've followed the MoodleNet Project.

Hi Luca, and welcome to the forum! I'm glad my presentation to the MUA was effective - looking forward to your contributions smile 

mberry

1. I'm Miles Berry. I'm principal lecturer in computing education at Roehampton University. I've been using Moodle since v 1.3, originally admining it for a primary school, but more recently as a teacher in higher education.

2. Roehampton is SW London, on the edge of Richmond Park. It's lovely.

3. I gave some feedback on an alpha version of the UI, and would be interested to see how things have developed since.

Hi Miles, thanks for your help during our Design Sprint in May! You're very welcome here on the forums as a long-time Moodler, and we're looking forward to your contributions in future, too! 

Picture of Jessica Gramp

Hi I'm Jessica Gramp. I've worked with Moodle since 2004 at a school and university. I spent the last 10 years working as a learning technologist at University College London (UCL). 

I'm now working remotely (still for UCL on a European Erasmus+ project) within Europe and Australia. 

I helped to test the initial MoodleNet prototype in London earlier this year. I'm a big advocate of Moodle and am keen to see how the MoodleNet app and community can help support its use.

Picture of Jessica Gramp

Oh and I forgot to say I'm the current Treasurer of the Moodle User Association (MUA).

Hi Jess! Great to have you here, and thanks for your help with testing in May. Looking forward to you sharing your expertise, especially around accessibility! smile

François Lizotte

Bonjour,

1. I'm François, coordinator of an organisation of over 40 colleges in Québec using Moodle.
  2. I'm in Montréal.
  3. There is a need for sharing among instutitions. RIght now, we do it by providing a Moodle site dedicated to small communities of practice. I think MoodleNet will be the right tool.

Hi François and thanks for joining us here. We're looking forward to you sharing your expertise! smile

Picture of Cyril Z.

Hi everyone !

My name is Cyril. I work as developer, system administrator and Moodle trainer (for teachers) in a swiss university.
I'm based in the city of Sierre in Switzerland. As Moodle trainer I am intersted in MoodleNet in order to share this experience with my colleagues and the teachers of the university.

Welcome Cyril! Great to have you here, and we're looking forward to your contributions smile

Felipe Raimo

Olá pessoal big grin

Sou Felipe Raimo, Desenvolvedor Web e Gestor de Mídias e Tecnologia, no Gerenciamento de Plataformas LMS Moodle. Eu sou de São Paulo, Brasil.

Eu sigo as novidades do Moodle, e tento contribuir sempre que possível para melhorias na Comunidade!

Obrigado pela oportunidade!

//

Hello everyone, I'm Felipe Raimo, Web Developer and Media and Technology Manager, in the Management of LMS Platforms Moodle. I am from Sao Paulo Brazil.

I follow the novelty of Moodle, and try to contribute whenever possible to improvements in community.

Thanks for the opportunity!

Hi Felipe, and welcome! Great to have you onboard, and perhaps you can help us with the Portuguese translations of MoodleNet?

Picture of Elizabeth Dalton

1. I am Elizabeth Dalton. I am a Research Analyst for Moodle HQ, working in the area of learning analytics, and I am also the community developer outreach liaison.
  2. I am in New Hampshire in the US, but I work remotely.
  3. MoodleNet will be critical to our work in developer outreach, and is generally a great project because it will help connect people involved in education all over the world as its primary mission, not as a way to monetize attention. smile

Welcome Elizabeth! Thanks for introducing yourself here, and I'm looking forward to talking with you about open analytics for MoodleNet smile

Picture of Rogério Furtado

Hello!

I am Rogério Furtado.

1. I am UX Designer and working with Education online at 11 years ago.

2. I am from Brazil.

3. I want to learn more and work with Moodle, mainly by developing user-focuses themes.

Felipe Raimo

Congrat's brô Yesbig grin

HI Rogério, and welcome! Great to have you onboard. We look forward to your contributions smile

Picture of Emma Richardson

Not sure how I missed this before!  I am Emma Richardson, frequent forum visitor, previous Chair of the MUA.  I work as a Moodle Consultant but also as a K12 Distance Learning coordinator.  I am extremely excited about MoodleNet and hope it will replace my main website in the future!

Hi Emma, and thanks for your feedback on MoodleNet over the last few months. I know you're excited about this project as much as I am, so we're looking forward to your help in making this awesome smile