Can not insert picture into Essay question

Can not insert picture into Essay question

by Miro Iliaš -
Number of replies: 8

Greetings,

the Essay question in Lesson activity allows inserting URL of an (external) image; however, if the atto editor is equipped with the  atto_sketch plugin , the drawn picture is not inserted into the essay anwer page (tested with Moodle 3.3).

Please is there a way to allow adding drawn pictures into Lesson-Essay answers ? 

Miro

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Miro Iliaš

Re: Can not insert picture into Essay question

by Helson C -

We have the same problem.

Nobody answered until today.

In reply to Helson C

by Miro Iliaš -

Hi,

this is already solved - set the essay question to have answer html plus file. The defaukt answer, html, does not allow inserting picture.

In reply to Miro Iliaš

by Helson C -

Hi Miro,

Do you talking about Lesson or Quiz?

My issue is related with Lesson question essay.

Is it possible to configure html editor with filepicker in this case?

In reply to Helson C

by Miro Iliaš -

Ah, wrong, I was considering Quiz, not Lesson.

In reply to Miro Iliaš

by Helson C -
Thanks Miro, But until now I don't understood why Lesson essay can't have a filepicker.

I searched a lot and have find some people asking about this problem and nobody know the answer.

Only says: use other activity type.

I wonder if anyone can help me to give one response when someone to ask.

Thanks in advance.

In reply to Helson C

by Stuart Mealor -

The reason is ... you have to remember that different parts of Moodle (different modules) were developed by different people / contributors.

The Lesson was developed separately from the core code - which is the main reason it can't use questions from the Quiz question bank for example (although that has been on a development list for many years now).

So the answer is that the Lesson module does not have the code for a file picker in Essay in the same way the file picker appears in other parts of Moodle.

It would be an item you can add as a feature request to the Moodle Tracker smile

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Stuart Mealor

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Here's an old tracker issue, which shows other people would like this too smile MDL-39261

In reply to Stuart Mealor

by Helson C -

Hi Stuart, Hi Mary.

It's clear now....

I thought that this problem was not related with develpment itself, but rather with de filosophy of module.

It's very clear now for me.

I wish I had time to work on this problem.

Thanks very much!