Unification project of 3 different moodle in one single

Unification project of 3 different moodle in one single

by CARLOS MARIO JARAMILLO OLAYA -
Number of replies: 2

Hello everyone, thank you in advance for creating and maintaining this space of knowledge and collaboration for so long.

I am planning a project to unify 3 different moodles that are currently in production, but by decisions of top management the decision was made to unify them in a single moodle; the 3 instances are independent, but they have the same version and are on the same server, for example: moodle 1, moodle2 and moodle3 have the same version, use their own moodledata and have their own database on the same mysql engine. The idea is to have a single moodle with a single database, a single moodledata and the database engine is postgresql 9.5.

I would like to know if the above is possible or what things do or do not, if there are similar cases of success, to show the senior management that we need to achieve the objective.

Thank you very much for all the collaboration you can give me.

Happy day.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to CARLOS MARIO JARAMILLO OLAYA

Re: Unification project of 3 different moodle in one single

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Keep one of the Moodles as the "unified" one and then use backup and restore to move the courses from the other two. If you have lots of courses this might not be much fun. At least you can use the automatic backup to create a complete set of backup files to restore. Use the option to send them to an external directory.

In reply to Howard Miller

Re: Unification project of 3 different moodle in one single

by Marcus Green -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
I would advise the same route as Howard. My only addition is that if you have a large number of courses you might want to work out how to use moosh to automate the backup. However it might be simpler just to get a human to go through the click,click backup, copy, click,click restore routine.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)